Alternative to Jam loacation

Chaz

Chaz

Since Jack took it upon himself to dictate where the Jamwill be even though equaly the popular Nc region has been ignored, I will if enough guys are interested organize an alternative Jam for the NC region for those who choose not to go to Penns Creek.You have until christmas to decide if you'd rather go somewhere else.

If you pick a different weekend maybe some could do both.

Yes, first week of June should be Green Drake time up north, I may see fit to make both Jams. Keep us advised at the plans develop.

The Fly Angler's Online 2010 PA Fish-In is June 1-6. We could have one HECK of a big party! There's quite a few PAFF members that'll be there........

It's based at the Happy Acres Lodge in Waterville. Happy Acres Campground makes Pettecoat Junction look like a ghetto. ;-)

I'll be up on the Kettle Creek watershed the week before the Jam. I'm hoping to stop by on Friday down in Coburn to see some of you characters again. I might even stay overnight to fish on Saturday......

Chaz,

As Tom said, make it a different weekend. I would love to meet up with a few others on the NC streams.

What streams are you thinking of in the NC region?

We did a jam a few years ago there and I'll see how many I can remember but others will probably add to the. Pine Creek, Kettle, First Fork Sinne., Allegheny River, Young Womans, Cedar Creek, Oswayo...

I fished Pine and slate run. Would have liked to check cedar out as well.

Lots of brookie streams around there too.

There was a really nice brookie stream, forget the name, started with an A. Anyway, decided to fish it Saturday and found a road rally going on...went to Pine.

tomgamber wrote:
There was a really nice brookie stream, forget the name, started with an A. Anyway, decided to fish it Saturday and found a road rally going on...went to Pine.

Asaph Run.

Don't forget Cross Fork, and Little Pine. That area has a lot of trout streams! There's little tribs to a lot of them that have wild brookies - possibilities are endless.

Poke around on sandfly's site, or give Bob a call. Bob knows the area VERY well. This is also Old Lefty's backyard - maybe he'll chime in.

I'll go to a NC jam, and just as others said, it should be on a diff weekend. I need to get out tenting again.

Sounds like you have your interest Chaz. Please post the details when you get this organized so I can mark my calendar.

There are so many streams up north you can't name them all. On the other hand you'v got Penns Creek for the other jam and that's about it. Pick a weekend and I'll get some space at Peticoat Junction.

Heritage, if you would combine this with the other "Fish-In" you must know you'd be excluding me... And we know about that first week of June business... :-(

Dave R.

Chaz-

The third or fourth weekend of april is usually always a good time to fish pine creek. Blue quills, quill gordons, hendricksons, apple green caddis. I'd be interested in that time frame - although I do plan on hitting the Delaware then also. But I could stop on the way up or back.

I have a property on Kettle Creek down stream one mile from Cross Fork creek so I would be up for a Jam in that area.I own Deb's old bar if you know were that is so I know the area pretty while and I'm up at camp almost every weekend. You have Kettle, Cross Fork and First Fork Sinn. which is 25 miles over the mountain. If you have guys that want to hit the small tribs theres so many within about 15 mile.
Justin

OldLefty wrote:
Heritage, if you would combine this with the other "Fish-In" you must know you'd be excluding me... And we know about that first week of June business... :-(

Dave R.

Hi Dave - Ya know, that still bugs me. Life is too short for that kind of thing. I'm not suggesting we "combine" the two events, but having them both at the same time wouldn't be a bad thing. Having them as far apart as Pettecoat Junction and Happy Acres are would make intermingling tougher, but not out of the question.

On the flip side, there's always room for you in the cabin the week before the Coburn Jam. It certainly isn't roughing it staying there.

Ed

Show me some fish
(as do some learning reading this…)

Attachments

• 2nd_Location.jpg
    2nd_Location.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 5
chaz, the first weekend of june is the road ralle here, so make plans accordingly. you can fish around the ralle if you know the shedule. I have it here. A lot of streams are barren of fisher persons becuse of it , but it makes for a good time on the water. no crowds.

Back