marsh creek lake?

M

maximus

anyone have any tips for fishing this lake? heading there for the first time on wednesday.....

thanks in advance

I live close by and fish it pretty often. First of all, are you fishing out of a boat? If so, there are 2 launches – one run by the Park on the front entrance east launch (on Park Rd off Rt 100) and one on the opposite shore west launch (Lyndell Road). The Lyndell launch is open 24hrs and the park launch closed at sunset.

If you are fishing for panfish, a small popper or nymph worked along the shore will do well. If your target is bass, the fishing may be tough right now. I’m assuming that they have gone deep, the spawn is over and the water temps have jumped with the heat wave.

The main lake is deep, deepest by the dam, and there are narrow coves to explore. Early and late in the day, try working the shoreline cover with topwater or shallowwater weedless flies - the Dahlberg diver is a good one. Use heavily weighted flies and sinking line to probe the depths – bunny leaches work well for that.

The narrow coves offer deep water in the channel to hold fish and shallow cover along the shorlines. You may want to stick to concentrate your efforts there. The main lake offers great fishing, but without a fishfinder, you are fishing blind.

There are big bass – both LM & SM in the lake, but it seems you must be there on the right day to catch them. Fishing deep with spinning or baitcasting gear is probably the best way to catch them in the summer when they’re deep – but I stick to fly fishing and usually get few.

As I said earlier, don’t forget the panfish. They can keep you busy if the bass won’t cooperate. Attached is a map of the lake. Let us all know how you made out – good luck.

Marsh Creek Lake Map

maximus,

Don't forget about the tiger muskie. My friend landed a pretty big one last spring.

thanks guys...i'm heading up there with a bass buddy of mine, he's itchin for a tiger muskey.....i just want to break in my
8 weight(i bought it 48 hours ago and haven't fished it yet!!!!!!!!!!

Back