bluegills

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

never fished for the 'gill before, but think i'd like to.

anyone recommend somewhere around philly to target them?

Thanks in advance.

Eunan

Closest options I can think of are the wissahickon, or the ponds down in fdr park. I've seen some in the canal up near manayunk too, but the towpath (ie backcasting space) can get crowded.

Aside from those, any of the bigger lakes or warmer creeks in the region should have ya covered. Shoot me a PM if you wanna get out sometime...I'm not too far away.

Yeah, the Wiss has tons of Sunfish...Redbreasts mostly...not actually Bluegills, but just as much fun and prettier to look at too IMO. You won't catch them until it gets a bit warmer out though...60-65 deg water temperature is about the point where the fishing for them picks up.

thanks guys....appreciate the info. I guess i'll hit the tully next weekend for trout then...

go fish the tohickon, trout, sunnies, bass, get all 3 in one day..carp and pickeral are an option there too...

Eunan, in the summer come my way. I'll take you around my warm water haunts and get you into some bluegills.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Eunan, in the summer come my way. I'll take you around my warm water haunts and get you into some bluegills.

sweet, will do.

Eunan

sandfly wrote:
go fish the tohickon, trout, sunnies, bass, get all 3 in one day..carp and pickeral are an option there too...

i'll check it out. Thanks!

I fish PennyPack Park all the time. I have caught everything from Stripped Bass to carp. Many times out I have caught over 150 fish just on top water poppers alone. Just this last year I figured out that if move the top water popper at a certain speed I will have a day of Small Mouth Bass vs Sunnies and Bluegills.

go to fort Washington state park there are plenty of deep holes further down from the bridge I got a 15inch smallie there last year on a tube on 4lb test

Back