White Flies on the Susquehanna

henrydavid

henrydavid

Has anyone seen the White Flies yet ? I fish the North Branch and haven't seen any yet.

last night coming off hard not many fish rising at all tho. I was out in York county just below RT-30 and SR-462(market st) bridge-Wrightsville, PA

Looking for any North Branch info as well. Wilkes-Barre, Pittston, etc.?

There were a lot of white flies spent on the water this AM near Tunckhannock.

I'll run down tomorrow night and report back. Might be about a week early yet. Flows on Harrisburg gauge are to double over the next 24 hours. Not sure what impact that might have on emergence.

*Disclaimer*
It was only ankle high so doubling won't make too much of a difference.

Ran down tonight just at dark. Virtually no insect activity at all.

Kray - Where are you checking? Near Harrisburg I presume?

I have a trust worthy report that the white flies were in the Falls area last night. I will be out this evening to check things out.

Yes, I drove down to the narrows just at dark. I also spoke to a guide that was up around the Liverpool area and no bugs there either.

I fished just below Falls tonight, white flies were definitely out, no blizzards and there was some wind but they made an appearance and for a couple hours the fish were devouring them.

I had one snap me off at the tippet on the hook set, line came shooting back at me. Caught a few nice ones.

tN8u40m.jpg

I checked out the river (North Branch) Wed. Aug. 3rd, water clarity was poor, levels were up and rising. The white flies showed up but the fish weren't seeing or taking them. I got one bass on a white popper, virtually no risers.

The Wilkes Barre guage is up 4x what it was last night, I might get out again Sunday or Monday, hopefully the whiteys will still be around.

Back