Well, that was fun

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

I did something tonight that I used to do a lot but hadn't done for years. I ate dinner at 6:00 PM and went fishing at Memorial Lake State Park.

I used to do a whole lot of warm water FF'ing when I was younger but I just kind of lost the way and stopped a few years back. I had intended to go float tubing but I realized that I really wasn't prepared and organized enough to tube. So tonight I said screw the tube and waded back in. I'm glad I did.

To give you an idea just how out of practice I was I didn't realize I had my wallet and keyless remote for the car in my pockets until I was in far too deep and my shorts started to droop down. They'll dry.

I didn't catch anything especially noteworthy, but I did manage close to 2 dozen bluegills in about 1 1/2 hours of fishing. A stray 12 inch LMB managed to find my size 10 Sneaky Pete, and something much bigger than the LMB I landed took a swipe at a bluegill I was retrieving.

I do want to get back out there and float tube so if there is anyone close to Memorial Lake that wants to go I have a loaner tube and fins.

Regards,

Tim Murphy ;-)

Hey Tim,

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a local farm pond that i can get to in the evening and do just the same, without wading, lots of bluegill, lots of bass.

Welcome back to WW

Sounds great! I've enjoyed the nights of pulling in the sunnies.. and when they happen to become the real bait it can be a hoot! Never gone float tubing before, but I can see the appeal.

Wish I knew a farmer or pond-owner in the HBG region to hit during these warm water days! My nephews and I do pretty well at the clark's creek hatchery, but I think a bunch of gills and rockbass would make them just as or more entertained!

Anyhow, glad you found some LMB in there as well. Geeze, it's been 2 years since I've gotten into one. Trout are too alluring!

Out of practice... But back in the saddle!

Back