Warm Weather reality break

V

Van_Cleaver

After getting in almost no stream fishing for trout and being heavily burdened by family issues and work related stress I finally took a quick trip to my local lake (Chambers) in Chester Co. Having recently moved here my knowledge of the water is pretty basic though I've notice it is almost always windy there. With that in mind I went around five in the afternoon, and despite being brezzey it was fishable with a fly rod. Not having a boat was a handicap but I got out on to the "dike" and stripped some Wooly Worms and Buggers. Caught a bunch of fish, though they were all small it was still fun. The wind died around 6:30 and I took some more on top casting to rises. The takes were a lot like trout sipping spinners; popper would go under in a tiny circle. The rises dropped dramatically around eight so I cruised home and had wine and cheese with my wife; nice having a lake less than ten minutes away. Anyway it was a pleasant break and I landed several bass and blue gills, a couple perch, and one crappie. If things ever settle out around here I will be getting a kayak.

Van_Cleaver wrote: If things ever settle out around here I will be getting a kayak.

Yes. Do it sooner than later. There are some really good fishing kayaks being made. Unfortunately, they are around $1200. But standing in one an fly casting out of it will be a great experience.

Syl

Sylvaneous wrote:
Van_Cleaver wrote: If things ever settle out around here I will be getting a kayak.

Yes. Do it sooner than later. There are some really good fishing kayaks being made. Unfortunately, they are around $1200. But standing in one an fly casting out of it will be a great experience.

Syl

+1 ^ there are allot kayaks out these days that are almost like casting out of a bass boat. The bad part is that some can be a little heavy to load or unload but there are plenty of options out there to assist you in doing it . I recommend getting some thing from Wilderness systems or Jackson Kayaks . I just bought a Atak 140 and love it .

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/us/products?&activity[0]=24&&&&

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/?d=fishing-hunting

Yep - do it!
You'll have a blast with a kayak.

Back