Urban Combat, Cumberland County 6/1/14

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Close Range Cement Jungle Combat with the BEAST!

Nick Granato's Sasquatch doing Damage…

Attachments

• CWW_6-1-14_R.jpg
    CWW_6-1-14_R.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
Nice bass!

That's a good spot BTW. :)

I fish it year-round Dave! The Summer leaves it too shallow...

I had the same or bigger fish on last night...as soon as it hits the water

I was near there briefly today looking for toothies (no luck). Lots of male bass on redds however (I had to keep my muskie flies away from some of them). Also, the rock bass are setting up redds right now too. I do like to target rockies this time of year. You can wade up the bank and get a slab rockie on almost every cast if you time it right.

I too was in the area again…imagine that.

I visited the Bernheisel Bridge (down stream) area. Just to try something different. Water was high and still that lovely shade of green we know and love. Zippo encounters. I checked this spot out before the big friday blow-out rain (Post called: "Conodoguinet Pre-Storm Event--5/15/14") and did well (see pics).

I ran over to the concrete and it had 6 other people fishing various bait to spinning gear. Missed a bunch of little bass, including both large and small mouth at the end of retrieves. I did land one good small that was just over 16" in some strong current. It had a really raw looking annal fin.

The water I've been exploring has all been getting close to the top of my waders. So…I have not been seeing bass on beds because of the water clarity.

I too have been hitting spots known to have esox. I friend has been getting action from both muskie and bass recently.

Tonight's rain will continue to keep the water green and spooky! Time to explore...

Back