Redman, Pinchot York Pa

P

PATroutMan

Does anyone know of any good spots at these lakes or other lakes in york?

Although I haven't fished Pinchot much in recent years, it treated me well in the 90s and I doubt it has changed much. As a shallow lake, finding good spots will typically involve exploring and learning weed beds. As these change and fluctuate on different years, you will want to take some time to walk the shoreline or boat around a bit. During summer, the outer edges of weed beds are often most productive although the inner edges can be good in the early am for bass or all day for bluegills (at least until about early July). The upper part of the lake is where I usually fished and I had good luck in the lily pads and coves. Many of the guys who knew the lake better than I, tended to focus on the deeper, narrow upper end by the dam. Pinchot is a very good bass and panfish lake and produces some LMs in the 5+lb range as well as good sized crappies and hybrid stripers. It has been dropped from the muskie program and although there are probably some biggies still there, I would look elsewhere for toothies.
Take some time to explore Pinchot and you'll find some good spots.

Regarding Redman...good spots for what species? Good spots in any lake typically vary with the species sought. Also, they vary with your access situation...wading or boating? Some more details are needed in your question.

Really any species, Im new to the area. Just needs some tips on where to go

I'd fish the Susky over any of those lakes. I've had some luck at Williams for carp and I think it was red man I caught some bass at but I'd fish the Susky

Redman: Known for its largemouths, white crappies, and in some circles it's channel catfish and striped bass. It has been well stocked with stripers for a number of years and some near 40 inchers are present. You can find the same fish in Williams. LMB have typically been larger in Williams.

I have had a mystery fish pulling my kayak around in Williams years ago

Well, perhaps now you know, although many yrs ago the lakes were being stocked with tiger Muskies.

While not typically a fly fishing target, I recall seeing a number of years ago that while surveying Williams they recorded a walleye that exceeded the state record. The LMB fishing in Williams was always good, if you have a canoe or car top boat, I'd start there.

Back