afishinado

Staff member
http://pfbc.pa.gov/bioreports/bio2017/6x12-19-DelawareEstuary.pdf

Interesting results and info.

Attachments

• Mike hamming it up for the camera.jpg_large.jpg
    Mike hamming it up for the camera.jpg_large.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
Looks like the Chesapeake is doing one hell of a job in releasing their bass :-o

Some promising results....

Interesting that 90% of harvested SBs were from commercial fishermen rather than recreational anglers. I would not have guessed such a skewed ratio.

Also interesting to note that the overwhelming plurality of caught SBs that spawn in the Delaware River were caught in New Jersey. This is much less suprising, but the difference between NJ and other Mid-Atlantic and New England states was greater than I would have surmised.

He should photoshop in a 9 weight and send that pic to Stripers Forever's "Release a Cow" campaign ;-) ;-)

Is he on this board??

The report says June 1st. I know for a fact they were in Trenton after that date. The one shot I had was after the 1st and they were blowing them up all around us. We only picked three. I don't think the Trenton numbers were in that total. They were shoveling them up real good.

Trenton is not considered estuary

Duff wrote:
Is he on this board??

The report says June 1st. I know for a fact they were in Trenton after that date. The one shot I had was after the 1st and they were blowing them up all around us. We only picked three. I don't think the Trenton numbers were in that total. They were shoveling them up real good.

We are lucky to have Mike Kaufmann, Fisheries Biologist for Area 6 - Southeastern Pennsylvania on this board. He uses the moniker "Mike" here on PAFF.

In addition, the Executive Director of the PFBC, John Arway is also on this board. He uses the moniker "FishTales" on here.

It's great to see important and influential members of the PFBC take the time and make an effort to communicate with anglers on a forums such as this. As well, I'm sure they read many of the threads and posts written here.

Back