Anyone Fishing "The Dead Sea"?

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I've been fishing Glendale for several years now during my PA excursions. I've fished from shore, from boats and thru the ice, (man, casting into that 7" hole requires great accuracy...)

But I never get anything but dinks. My buddy, who lives in PA fishes Glendale at least once a week. Several years ago he'd have a freezer full of crappies, perch and sunfish by now. The last few years he's struggled just to net a few keepers.

What happened to that lake? Are you fishing it and catching anything worthwhile?

I'm retired and thinking about a camp in PA, but I think the Raystown area would be a better bet than Glendale.

You thoughts and experiences, please...

Nobody fishes Glendale? How come?

UncleShorty wrote:
Nobody fishes Glendale? How come?

This is mainly a trout fishing community.
Not a lot of large reservoir angers here on PAFF. Hopefully, some folks will chime in.

Maybe change the title of the thread to peak more interest

UncleShorty,

I usually get up to Glendale 2 or 3 times a year. However, I am chasing Musky and Pike on the fly. First started fishing it about 7yrs ago. That lake has been hit or miss for me in terms of action. One trip it seems like we can't even seem to find any baitfish (gils, perch, etc...) and then the next trip, the place is going crazy with activity.

Hopefully someone that fishes it on a regular basis can offer some input also. At this point, it seems to me that the fish are still in there, just takes some time to learn their patterns. I am usually hitting it up in the Spring and Fall.

Good luck.

Jay

I've camped at the cabins along the lake with my family a couple times during the fall. I would walk down to the marina and fish, and always pulled a few bass from around the docks. Last year, we saw a really nice musky just hanging out in the very corner of the marina, almost out of the water. Easily over 40 inches. Just laid there for a while, and eventually meandered away. Also saw some really young musky hanging around the pilings. The fish were definitely relating to structure, as I didn't catch or see fish other than around the docks.

I thought this was about Beltzville, but I guess we have two dead seas in PA.

Back