8/8 Beach Trip

M

mkoloch

Anyone interested in a beach trip Thursday 8/8? Open to locations.

My plan is to head out of Philly around 2:00 in the afternoon and target fluke or blues. I know the backside of Sandy Hook has some decent wadable flats. Although something closer, like IBSP or LBI could be considered.

Was looking to fish with someone else, so I'm open to suggestions if someone is interested.

look for these to, have been hitting. watch the teeth they will shred you. put up a good fight run like a marlin. Hound fish great on flys. some are over 40 inches.

Attachments

• houndfish.jpg
    houndfish.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
  • hound fish.jpg
    hound fish.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
Sandfly - Best bet to head to IBSP in the surf? I also thinking walking Monmouth Co beachs/jetties is a good idea on incoming tide.

either place should produce, problem with beachs now is crowds. back areas should fish well now. ibsp at the jetty and walk back towards the geo tubes (black cylinders) behind the dunes, no crowds and usually lots of fish.

terrible. green bones if i remember right.

you don't need a hook i think, just wool and the razor teeth snag in it.

they go mental when hooked :eek:P

Brad,
lay em in the sun till dry, place butt at lips and light front----smaoked houndfish...nice to see ya this morning had 2 plates of those pancakes.

I agree with sandfly. Go to the jetty and walk around back. You should find a few.

sandfly what flies do you use for houndfish? ive had them hit clousers but have trouble hooking them

Try tying a small #6 treble behind the hook on the clouser. I use clousers, deceiver type flies. small hooks work better than large. # 1 to #6 work. double hook rigs work also.

Cool,
hows my pickles coming along ? lol

Interesting. They remind me of needlefish. Sound like they'd be a heck of a fight on a fly rod!

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/fishhead/2012/07/14/houndfish-on-the-loose-in-nj-waters/

Back