Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Sunglasses anyone

From Gamehendge
Quote:

stal42 wrote:
Quote:

Gone_Phishin wrote:
I can't say enough good things about Costa Del Mar. I wear mine pretty much any time I'm outside, rain or shine. They do Rx. They're definitely expensive glasses but worth every penny.

I agree 110%

X2. Best sunglasses in the world.

Posted on: 2013/2/8 21:17

From near Hershey, Pa
I am sold on Smith Action Optics. They are expensive and I don't know if or how easy it is to get RX but the Photo Glass Lenses are awesome.

I dropped a pair in a parking lot and cracked a lense. I sent them in and Smith could not replace them because they were an older model so they let me pick a newer model of the same line. How is that for warranty? I was expecting a new lense and a charge for it to boot.

I am lucky enough to have two pair now, one in copper and one in amber and it is the amber (yellow) that I use the most for fishing becasue I find that I am often in the shade or fishing in the evening. When light is marginal but there is still glare on the water, the amber lets more light reach my eyes.

Shock

Posted on: 2013/2/11 17:08

From Lewisberry, PA
Quote:

marcq wrote:
costa are the way to go. I think it 560 that is the highest they go. they make everything look better.

580 is their high end lens. You can get them in glass(580G) or Polycarbonate(580P)

Like a lot of people on here, I hate paying retail for anything. I'd say got to Bass Pro or somewhere that sells Costas and try them on, see what fits. Then hit ebay for your purchase. Ive got several pairs on there for <$100.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 7:49

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
I have had several pair of glasses and the 580G are the best I have ever tried. they feel great on your face. might be expensive but they will last for a long long time.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 19:06

From Philadelphia PA
Great recommendations gents!! not sure which road I'll go down with the sunglasses. There are alot of choices out there and I appreciate all the recommendations.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 20:02
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Camp Hill, PA
I'll second that Smith sunglasses are the best. Their lenses are absolutely ridiculous. Check out the Polarchromic lenses, they are polarized, but they also contain photochromic material which helps increase/decrease the tint of the lense depending on light conditions. Awesome shades for fishing.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 10:52

From Philadelphia PA
trout624
What's their price?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 10:32
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Lancaster, PA
I have somewhat of a question on sunglasses...I have a pair of oakleys that I wear for fishing... thing is they are about 12 or 13 years old and have been through a lot...including scratches and salt water spray from the beach....my question is does the polarization wear off over time...my guess is no...I mean hell they're oakleys...but I thought I'de ask

Posted on: 2013/2/28 10:41

I also wear prescription lenses but refuse to buy prescription sunglasses so what I did was get fitted for soft contacts - they are great for fishing and a box of 6 is like $30 - much cheaper than prescription glasses. This also allows me to wear any sunglasses I choose - dark tint for bright days, yellow for cloudy days, etc.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 18:27

From Philadelphia PA
If the glasses have to many scratches this may make your eyes go bad as they try to focus through them. Also if they are BC glasses (Birth Control...no women wants to go out with you) it maybe time to replace them.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 18:00

From florida
I got a deal on Native Eyewear and with replacable lenses I can fish any light conditions. GG

Posted on: 2013/3/25 8:22

From Harrisburg
Hey Art,
Double check those extra lenses. Any natives I've seen only the lenses that come already on the frames are polarized. The others are not and the virtually clear lenses are merely a form of safety/shooting glasses.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 5:52

From Johnstown, PA
Dan........what kind of shades are YOU wearin? I never could get the hang of 'em and i'm too old and set in my ways to change now unless i could buy a pair with infared , heat seeking , (tuned to the exact body temp of trout) lenses.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 7:35

From Harrisburg
I have natives but the ones I wear are Three Forks which I dont believe are made anymore which sucks. They were expensive but theyre the same ones in my picture from maybe 8yrs ago.
Most comfortable Ive ever worn and lenses are called rose.

Posted on: 2013/4/3 11:25

From florida
Thanks Dan. I did check and the other lenses that I ordered are polarized. There was a set included that were not and looked like shooting lenses.
My brother in law works for Academy Sports and gets a discount on glasses otherwise I'd be at Walmart. GG

Posted on: 2013/4/3 14:58

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com