Staff member
Potomac.jpg

Interact here:

Clicky Linky

Anyone ever fish this area?

probably by walking through the woods

carefully and with a wading staff

On a ship

I was there a couple years ago with family. we were on the Virginia side and even though I wasn't carrying a fishing rod, I kept thinking to myself how I would fish it. I concluded that there were better chances of fishing it from the Maryland side walking across one or more of those bridges and fishing the smaller channels.

That main channel looks like a killer.

Roy

Yeah. A centerpin would be just fine there.

3 ounces of lead and a garlic flavored worm

Streamers with a type 6 sinking line
Sorry got a flashback

By pontoon boat. Marabou streamers stripped quickly just below the surface.

looks like plenty of parking in that lot!

bikerfish wrote:
looks like plenty of parking in that lot!

They put it there so the search party has a base camp. ;-)

Boyer

If there are flatheads, I'll bring a heavy baitcasting setup and a 3wt with a foam spider.

Catch gills in the shallows and lob em out to the main channel with a 3 oz satellite sinker.

By car...then I'd chuckle a little and find a new place to fish.

I'd vote by helicopter, but if not financially viable I'd probably just pass on that location. :D

It's really hard to tell by the satellite imagery though, because I know on even a little local stream by my house they imagery makes it look like class 3 rapids and its barely got any ripples.

So without a real pictures it's hard to say, but I am known for testing my luck with just pushing myself into a little dry spot in the middle of something like that!

My take on the image is that its a waterfall/chute that falls about 30 - 50 ft. in a torrent. I don't even think they would LET you approach it.

In the case of what Mo said,

Id approach it running then :) you might get a cast or 2 in :lol:

I'd start by sideling up to one side of it and then try to strike up a conversation like "haven't i seen you somewhere before? hmmmmmm Olmstead were you ever on the Susquehannah? Do you have any relatives in Pa? You've got lovely whitewater. Did anyone ever tell you you look like the Delaware?"

:lol: good to have you back bud :)

Back