Cleaning Dirty Cork Grips

WildTigerTrout

WildTigerTrout

I just got a little tip on how to clean dirty cork grips. Try using unscented baby wipes. I tried it tonight and I know it sounds to good to be true but it really does work . I just cleaned the grips on several of my flyrods that I have never cleaned before and some were very dirty and discolored. It works like magic . They look new. Try it. You are welcome for the tip. WTT

Good tip.

I clean my rods with 303 Aerospace, and use it on the cork grips. It works very well too.

I think they look cooler dirty. Can't stand a fresh grip...gotta get some Gemmie guts on it.

I can't argue with the mojo of a cork grip that has honest "dirt" from use but if you have the urge to clean yours I have found that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasures do a great job. Being that they are chemical free, they certainly don't do any harm.

Shock

I too like the dirty grip. Too much of a catalog noob if your grip looks new...need some fish slime and hand oils on it to show that you use it.

Don't want to be the guy on the river with new waders and a clean cork, the fish will see the shine and you'll get skunked. Need to act like youve been there before.

+1 for the magic eraser. I'll have to try the baby wipes trick next time. See you guys on the river with my clean cork !!

Back