Gatti Custom 8' 6" #5 3 piece - Prior Listing, new price

wbranch

wbranch

Rod is new, has never been fished although it may have been lawn cast. The length is 8' 6", it is built for a #5 line, it is 3 pieces. The reel seat is a morticed Bellinger up lock nickel silver and a stabilized black ash burl wood spacer. The grip is western style. The stripper guide is a Fuji SIC with a chrome frame and grey ceramic ring. The snake guides and tip top are H&H hard chrome. The blank is perfect with no scratches. The wraps are graphite color thread, the finish is two coats of Flex Coat Thin epoxy. The new price $190. A factory rod, with lesser quality hardware, lists for $356.00.

I was a custom rod builder for quite a few years building rods from Gatti blanks. I used only the best cork and hardware. My wraps are professionally applied as is the finish. I built this rod for myself but since I have many #5 weight rods I just never fished it.

The action is medium fast. This is a very nice rod for someone who is looking for a very nice custom with top end hardware who fishes dries and nymphs in the #12 - #22 size range. I will deliver the rod within 20 miles of York, PA or ship it anywhere. Packaging, postage, and insurance is not included. If interested PM me with your email address for more pictures.

Attachments

• Gatti 865.jpg
    Gatti 865.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 7
This is ava excellent rod at an excellent price. I'd be all over it if I didn't have 3 other 5 weighs close to 8'6.

Back