Freedom Hawk 12 Stand-up Fly-fishing Kayak

SurfCowboyXX

SurfCowboyXX

Freedom Hawk 12 Stand-Up Fishing Kayak. Sand/Tan in color (chose this color for stalking fish as opposed to bright yellow or blue). Four years old, very good to excellent shape. Used probably 20 times. Completely stock and unmodified (no extra holes or doodads-just like it came from the factory). The rear end of the kayak sports articulated pontoons which spread out when fishing to create a platform which is virtually impossible to flip (you might fall off it, but it won't capsize). Leaning rail, rod holders. Has pre-drilled ports for optional motor mount and battery mount (not included-but still readily available for purchase). Functions perfectly, has some slight mars and scratches from use. Retails for $1200 new. Excellent for fly-fishing, as well as regular bass fishing, diving, or just paddling about. Equally at home on rivers like the Susky and Delaware, lakes, ponds, and the open ocean (it has a lovely Carolina flare at the bow to keep you dry in windy/rough conditions). I'm selling it simply because I'm not getting enough use from it. Really an excellent fishing platform.

I have it listed on craigslist for $750 and have received a lot of interest (several people want to come see it, but weather and obligations have slowed the sale process). I thought I might also list it on here, as it is a good deal, and I wouldn't mind seeing someone from the board get the use from it. If you have any questions about its usefulness, you can ask Afish, Frederick, (maybe Becker?), and whoever else was with us on that ill-fated smallie jam on the North Branch about two summers ago. It's a great way to fish. In an effort to waste no one's time, it currently looks as if it will sell for North of $600 (if it doesn't, I'm not letting it go, as I'm not in a money crunch or anything).

You can see photos at this link: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/4830540864.html

sounds like an excellent deal too bad I am NWPA. I would jump on it now if I lived closer.

Back