Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Wtb sage TCR 790

Got ya, thanks. Have you cast a method? I've casted (not fished) that rod and it was a cannon. I'd get one but I don't want to drop that kind of dough. I'm considering rpl+ and sp+.

I'd consider an xp but I'd get a GLX before the xp. I can't say enough about the GLX. I was messing around with it and tossing a weighted cokehead zonker into the backing relatively easy (something I can't do with my sp).

Like I said I really don't need a rod, what I have works fine I'm just looking to fine tune and I want to step way out of my comfort zone which is on the slower side of the spectrum.

I'm a fan of slower rods because i think they are pretty accurate and they protect light tipper very well. They aren't the best tool for quick shots and I think a fast actioned rod will be a better tool for streamers. I don't see myself getting away from the slower rods for dry fly fishing anytime soon. Streamers are a different story. As far as nymphs, I just don't use them lol. The closest I come is dry dropper.

Posted on: 2017/12/7 12:30

Re: Wtb sage TCR 790

I ended up getting an edge gamma beta 9' 7wt. The TFO website has them on sale. I hardly ever buy rods new but the price was right. Looking forward to receiving it.

Thanks for the help

Posted on: 2017/12/15 20:28

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com