Simms 2X Guide Pants To Sell

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Because I thought Simms ran small I bought 2x instead of my usual XL. Never been wet as I was swimming in them when I first put them on. Bought new at $499

Attachments

• g3-guid-pant-greystone-fishing-waders.jpg
    g3-guid-pant-greystone-fishing-waders.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
Here's an idea. Let everyone know how much you want for them.

I think the general notion is anything more than half off on a secondary sale is reasonable. So make him an offer, prof-- by PM preferably.

Jack, I already have them and they actually fit. If you think he "swims" in them, I would drown, if you get my drift!!!!!

Then what's your concern? If I had something to sell, I would simply justify by saying: "I don't want it." I am trying to understand your point in asking what he wants for them if you don't seem to want or need them. Leave that question for a potential buyer. By PM preferably.

JackM wrote:
Then what's your concern? If I had something to sell, I would simply justify by saying: "I don't want it." I am trying to understand your point in asking what he wants for them if you don't seem to want or need them. Leave that question for a potential buyer. By PM preferably.
As a moderator, perhaps you should know the rules of the classifieds.
For Sellers:

1. Be clear and honest about what you are offering.

2. State an asking price for the goods. If trades are sought, give the reader some idea what you are seeking in terms of value. Public negotiations within the thread is discouraged. Try to take such discussions off the board with e-mail or using the Personal Message function.

3. The Swap Forum is not an auction site. If you want to find a high bidder, please use an auction site.

4. It is not permitted to merely advertise the fact that an items is offered for sale or auction elsewhere. In other words, the forum is not to be used to direct readers' attentions to another site where the item is for sale, such as eBay or CraigsList.

I've gotten some great deals on here, and like the forum very, very much... Rules are there for a reason, even though some are allowed to ignore them. I have moderated and run other forums, and believe me, I know being a mod ain't easy... but... rules help.

Mike B
PS: even better than your advise to say "I don't want it" is to say nothing. My mom always told me, if you have nothing nice to say... don't say it.
PS2: I still don't listen, she has been gone for over 7 years.

I don't have any freakin' concerns. He's my fishing "buddy". But, most "sellers" here post the asking price. Go back to your bourbon!!!!!

Skeet, I know the rules and also the way they are enforced. These are not classified ads, they are offers among (hopefully) regular members for sale or trade. My comments did not suggest posting without an actual offer to sale in $ is to be encouraged. The rules AND guidelines suggest and encourage an "asking price" but I am unaware of any post that has been removed for violation of this rule or guideline.

If a moderator had posted a request for asking price and cited the "rule," I would not have objected or sniped. Yet, if the Prof is a "buddy," wouldn't it have been more prudent to PM or email fadeaway with a suggestion that he comply?

So that's all I will offer to justify my comments.

OK in the interest of swapping how about half my airfare to my trip to Montana this summer?

Please send me the cost of half price by PM.

Back