Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Video: The Underwater World of Trout

From South Central PA
The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 1, Discovery, 57 minutes.

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 2, Feeding Lies, 67 minutes.

These are currently available on Dailymotion in full versions and in a fairly good resolution (480p). Unlike various illegal Youtube uploads of copyrighted material, these seem to be legal and legitimate and perhaps temporary. I can only presume a licensing fee has been paid in order to do this.

Wild and stocked trout and their interactions are shown, as well as various current and water clarity conditions, modes of hiding and rest, feeding patterns, and much more.

I found these enjoyable and will at the very least think a little differently about how I approach a number of different aspects of angling for trout.

Some of the observations and statements may be debated from a scientific standpoint, but they are attributed should a naysayer wish to investigate further.

With temperatures pushing the mid-90's this week, not a bad way to vicariously experience the stream. These are the links:

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 1

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol. 2

Posted on: 2013/7/14 9:16

Re: Video: The Underwater World of Trout
From Gettysburg
Agree.
Ozzie's videos are amazing and are among the few "fishing" videos that I regard as genuinely educational, and that I never tire of watching. Highly recommended.

Posted on: 2013/7/14 13:05

I spent the last hour of this 92-degree afternoon watching the first video and plan to watch the second one soon. I think it is pretty impressive what the guy got with his camera. If he's as good with a fly rod, the trout must be in big trouble when he's fishing.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 16:22

Amazing. As Fishidiot noted, these are most highly recommended. No wonder I miss so many fish on dries when I cast straight up over them.

DGC -- Thanks for posting theses videos.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 16:54

Everyone can learn from these videos. If you watch them, you will never wear a white hat while trying to catch trout........

Posted on: 2013/7/19 22:07

From Ferguson Twp.
I really enjoyed his videos, I found them to be a real eye opener. And I thought I had the one more cast syndrome bad before I saw them. Now...

Posted on: 2013/7/31 18:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com