Video: The Underwater World of Trout

DGC

DGC

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 1, Discovery, 57 minutes.

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 2, Feeding Lies, 67 minutes.

These are currently available on Dailymotion in full versions and in a fairly good resolution (480p). Unlike various illegal Youtube uploads of copyrighted material, these seem to be legal and legitimate and perhaps temporary. I can only presume a licensing fee has been paid in order to do this.

Wild and stocked trout and their interactions are shown, as well as various current and water clarity conditions, modes of hiding and rest, feeding patterns, and much more.

I found these enjoyable and will at the very least think a little differently about how I approach a number of different aspects of angling for trout.

Some of the observations and statements may be debated from a scientific standpoint, but they are attributed should a naysayer wish to investigate further.

With temperatures pushing the mid-90's this week, not a bad way to vicariously experience the stream. These are the links:

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol 1

The Underwater World of Trout, Vol. 2

Agree.
Ozzie's videos are amazing and are among the few "fishing" videos that I regard as genuinely educational, and that I never tire of watching. Highly recommended.

I spent the last hour of this 92-degree afternoon watching the first video and plan to watch the second one soon. I think it is pretty impressive what the guy got with his camera. If he's as good with a fly rod, the trout must be in big trouble when he's fishing.

Amazing. As Fishidiot noted, these are most highly recommended. No wonder I miss so many fish on dries when I cast straight up over them.

DGC -- Thanks for posting theses videos.

Everyone can learn from these videos. If you watch them, you will never wear a white hat while trying to catch trout........

I really enjoyed his videos, I found them to be a real eye opener. And I thought I had the one more cast syndrome bad before I saw them. Now...:roll:

Back