Trout Flies: proven patterns by Gary LaFontaine

jayL

jayL

Anyone have a copy of this book that they are willing to part with? I could swap other books, flies, gear, or cash. It is relatively expensive on Amazon, so I figured I'd check.

Not so much interested in the fly patterns as I am the notes and observations on Montana waterways.

Holy crap, I had no idea his books had gone that high! I don't blame you for wanting to barter. I do have a copy and I guess I'm lucky I got mine when it came out. Not sure if mine is paperback or hardcover but I find it very interesting that Amazon has the paperback for double the hardcover.

That's pretty common practice on Amazon. Once a book goes out of print, people list them for insane prices in hopes that some sucker will pay.

30ish for the hard cover ain't all that bad, but I would much rather barter for a paperback, if possible.

jayl
Check out htis site
http://www.abebooks.com/book-search/title/trout-flies-proven-patterns/author/gary-lafontaine/

Thanks beadhead. Used to buy college textbooks there for pennies on the dollar. Still looking to get a copy on the cheap before I blow 30 or 40 bucks, but I'll keep an eye on it.

My grandfather gave me this book yesterday. If you don't end up finding it jayL I can copy the bits on Montana and mail them out.

Beer,

Much appreciated. Foxgap made a similar offer, and I really appreciate it.

A friend out here has a copy, so I have access to it. Just looking for a personal copy to throw into the travel bin.

Thanks again.

Gary was well known to be a stretcher of veracity.
Fun reading but have your salt shaker handy.

Back