Meet the Author

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

I ran into Dave Wolf today. I didn't know it was him. He said something that reminded me of his book and I blurted out, "Well you aren't Dave (Wolf) are you", and he said "yep" and I was like, "oh" cause I felt like a jackass. I almost expected him to say "who's Dave Wolf", but I talked to him briefly and he seems like a real nice guy. I told him that my copy of " Fly Fishers Guide To Pennsylvania " was worn with creases and thumb smudges and that the cover was all messed up, so I have to get another copy. I have had his book since it came out, and there's some good info in there. Directions, lodging, streams, hatches, descriptions, oppinions, tips, equipment, and more. When I wasn't so tied down I used to always have "it" and a Delorme Atlas in my car at all times. If you don't have his books, it is a good one to have, I have used it often as a good reference to many streams in PA.

I also own the book. I think I saw in Barnes in Noble where there seemed to be a newer version of the one I had. ?

Yeah , I saw a revised edition, Not quite sure what is revised, for the most part it is the same I paged through it, pretty sure it's at least 95% the same book but I need a new one soon.

I bought me copy from him personally at Gander Mountain a few years ago. He ran the fly part of the store then. I don't know if he's still there.

We talked quite a while and he autographed mine and wrote a nice passage in it. A good guy. He still writes articles for Outdoor Times.

Back