Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Joe & Me

From Jim Thorpe
Just read Joe & Me by James Prosek. I thought it was a good read.
A story about an old codger patrolman taking a young kid under his wing. We should have more Joe's in this world!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/5 15:55

Re: Joe & Me

From Johnstown, PA
Prosec is one of my favorite reads , and Joe and Me was one of the best yet. Gotta love his art too, my fave is the watercolor of the top view of a native brookie , alot of talent for such a young fella.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 18:23

From Jim Thorpe
yeah Os,
I'm currently reading His Flyfishing the 41st. So far i like it. I recently met him at Lafayette College as part of their Posieden's Children series. He was interesting and funny. Wish I had more time. Would have loved to fish or have a beer with him over dinner. We'll let everyone know how I like it. SmokinJoe

Posted on: 2009/5/6 10:48

From Johnstown, PA
SmokinJoe , Flyfishing the 41st Paralell , was the first one of Prosec that i read , was a loaner from a friend , i thought it was great , The german guy that took him was interesting and also the painting of the steel salmon sculpture , i got framed , his artwork is very good too. I'm gonna read that one again someday after i read the rest of his stuff. So much talent for a young fellow , i would love to meet him , i'll bet it was great.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 18:32

From nepa
Bought 'Early Love and the Brook Trout ' for $5.00 at one of the bargain book stores in Cape May last summer. Prosek is as good a writer as he is an artist.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 17:58

From Chester County
Isn't it weird how that girl Whitney pops up in Fishing the 41st? Obviously those two have a special bond. That's quite the water colour of her at the end of Early Love & Brook Trout. As little as it has to do with fly fishing it is a great story.

To anyone who has intertwined travel & romance w/ fishing Prosek is a must-read.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 23:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com