Drake videos

R

rrt

Since I subscribe to The Drake now, I occasionally get emails from them. The most recent includes a selection of ff videos. I didn't watch all of them, but I have watched several of these 5-minute videos. You guys who really like videos would probably enjoy them more than I do, since a good many are saltwater or filmed at exotic locations. But, I found the ones I watched to be entertaining.
If you don't subscribe to The Drake, I, of course, with my limited computer skills, cannot tell you how to find these videos for sure, but perhaps you could Google The Drake to do it. Anyhow, those videos are out there for you to see if you can find 'em.

Front page of their site, duderino:
http://www.drakemag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=147&Itemid=134

The videos.

I watched 3 of them this morning, and will probably watch the rest tonight. Good stuff so far.

Edit: pwned by gary

i was at the show in NOLA
some were good- intro, will benson, the SA/mexico, the tarpon vid

some sucked
that carp video was a perfect time for a trip to the bathroom and the bar

I watched a few of them. The Mexico vid didn't do the full length version justice. Those guys are nuts.

Just watched the carp one, and I have to agree with ramcatt. The guy wasn't even casting, and 90% of the video was him yanking on fish at his feet.

Doc of the Drakes really touch's home for me, that's really what its all about.

RowJimmy wrote:
Doc of the Drakes really touch's home for me, that's really what its all about.

Being sub for old men?

Knew it.

+1 Jimmy. That one got my vote.

I just liked watching the carp take that line out, and then seeing the fish barely fitting in the net.

jayL wrote:
Just watched the carp one, and I have to agree with ramcatt. The guy wasn't even casting, and 90% of the video was him yanking on fish at his feet.

Since when do we whiz on people for not casting? He was euro/high sticking for carp.

He can do as he pleases. I fish that way all the time. I sure as hell don't want to watch it.

I want pretty cast shots in a FF video.

The whole saltwater thing is cool but I think I've had about enough of it.

I am happy if the drake's "edgy" artsy cool guy image crowd continues to move toward west coast steelheading and saltwater, just because it means I'll have to deal with less of it.

I do enjoy the saltwater stuff, though. One of these days, I'll get into flats fishing. I've got to tackle the mountain west first.

jayL wrote:
He can do as he pleases. I fish that way all the time. I sure as hell don't want to watch it.

I want pretty cast shots in a FF video.

It's all about the stocking (or as I figured out later he was trying to say stalking. Lol).

jayL wrote:
I've got to tackle the mountain west first.

Jay - Something like this?

http://www.drakemag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=463&Itemid=61

Back