why i love it so much?

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

i wasent able to get out today as i hoped. my wifes car broke down and she needed mine. i also wont be able to get out towmorrow. its lookin like sunday morning for me and monday morning. hey maurice, i know a big wild brown with your name on it! :-D

time on the water is a valuable thing. a better word may be precious. i was thinking about it while i was in the york wilds fishing a nice little wild trout stream. i think alot when i fish. why do i love this kind of fishing over ATW's? why do i maximize my time wild trout fishing.

set aside the wild trouts beautiful surroundings and outstanding colors. some stocked fish a put in some really nice looking streams in great surroundings and holdover fish can be very colorful. then why? stocked trout, generally, are much larger and fight harder because they are bigger.

do i love it because almost all the time, there isnt another soul fishing the stream im on? thats a good reason but no.

well to tell u the truth it wasent an easy answer. then it came to me when i started seeing extremely large wild fish. in fact all the answers came to me. these watersheds are special and unique. they have the ability to hold trout year round. they are generally untammed and unspoiled by human interaction. they are usually gin clear and have the best habitat.

besides habitat do you want to know the real reason i love it? this is a sport and a skill that we are forever learning. i know the pfbc has a daunting task of managing fisheries while having to please the majority. i dont envy that job and i respect what they have to do. i love it so dang much because when i catch a big wild fish it is "real." real fishing. a real throphy. i dont have a pellet feed fabrication of a trout on my line, i have something mother nature produced. i have a fish that is old and that has learned to survive through adversity. these fish have adapted and have had a wild instinct all thier lives. thats is why i love it. and let me tell you.....a 20+ inch wild brown fights 10 times harder than any stocked fish.

maurice and i have been swapping info on these streams and i appreciate all his advice. in fact, this has been one heck of a good trout season for me. probably the best ever. i have caught some very special and rare fish this year. york county has been the best county so far, by far. you have some very special fisheries to watch over maurice.

i have learned that exploring is a wonderful thing. that fish come to those who truely work for them. maybe the exploration and working for them is another good reason to love it so much.

in my post about york county trout streams, i was accussed of bragging. look to the victor go the spoils. im not bragging. in fact i was trying to share my enjoyment of the experience. these streams are not unknown watersheds. all you have to do is go out there and fish them. im not going to make it easy for anyone who lurks on this board. if you think im simpily going to name the stream your crazy. explore and maybe youll find one of these great watersheds. besides i already promised maurice to keep these streams under my hat ;-) and i intend to keep my promise.

wmass asked me about 2 streams here in lancaster. in fact one that is dear to my heart. very close in fact. well i didnt mislead him, that would be wrong. because i trust him, i gave him good info. he respected the smaller creek because the water was low and didnot fish it. a sign of a respectful and good trout fisherman. i invite you to come back and try it at another date. its amazing. with that said, i told him one of the streams is a bust. and gave him a good little stream close to the other good one to try. and as u saw.....he did pretty well.

with all that said.....im not trying to be all hush hush and brag about the streams out in york county. people i trust i give info to. im just being protective.

go explore in your area and find a gem. then youll understand why im a trout snob. why i love these fisheries and this "kind" of fishing.

to all you trout snobs..... :lol: .... why do love it. come one theres gotta be some hardcore wild trout nuts on the board. is it the same reasons i do.....or have i overlooked something?

Back