where do you draw the line?

C

cdogedoger

I'm just wondering what every one thinks of the ammount of special regulation we currently have on our water ways. Do we have too many or to few. I guess this would make a decent poll. I'm just wondering because I have been seeing a lot of posts talking about them or the lack there of. Do you think if more streams receive special regs. that it will drive fisherman away from the sport. if there are less lincenes sold by the PA fish and boat comm. how much will that affect the price of the licenses. I don't mind spending the money for a license because i get a lot of use out of it, but i wouldn't want to pay over $75 for one. I guess this is just a little rant but when does special regulations become a disadvantage towards all types of fishermen( i.e. bait fishermen)

John

it only becomes a disadvantage to baitfisherman when it is AFLO.
i belive we dont have enough. with the current reductions in trout stocked eventually the harvesters will become discontent because there simpily isnt enough fish for the amount of time they wish to fish. if the fish comm wants to keep reducing # of trout stocked they are going to have to make more special reg waters to insure that the fish are there longer.
one thing they could do is stock some streams in the late winter. this may boost the size and "color" of the fish by the time the season opens.make more ALL-TACKLE special reg areas to keep everyone happy.
someday my friend they will no longer be able to stock waters with wild trout because of the above situation. people are going to stop fishing. through the grapevine i have heard people say that this is the worst trout season yet. good thing i wild trout fish 99 percent of the time.

Back