went to muddy

Clinton1396

Clinton1396

I went to muddy creek this morinag, first time I was there. I didn't catch anything, but had a good time. I fished at bridgeton rd bridge, then walked way downstream. and then walked back up and fished before the fly-fishing only section. I didn't fish the fly fish section because my grandpa took me so he couldn't walk in the water or the trails.

I used dry flies because I didn't have a chance to go up to gander mountain and get anything different, maybe that is y I didn't catch nothing. but when I go back up I will head up the fly fishing only section and use better flies. That is my story, wish I would have caught something! Maybe next time :-D

clinton

I was also on Muddy Creek just above you in the lower part of the fly area. If you would walk up from where you were (about 100-150 yards) you'll find a long pool that has a good number of fish. Your grandpa would have no trouble walking here along the bank or road, and there is parking here as well. I caught quite a few here with a black Woolly Bugger. Later, I walked further upstream, but moved only a few more fish. The water is still fairly cold, so until it warms up more, dry flies will be less productive than something underneath the surface. Good luck next time!

I will have to look for that pool next time. We did try and look for parking closer to the fly fishing area but we just drove up piney hill rd but it seemed that we just got father away from the stream so we turned around. Is there trials and parking on piney hill rd?

clinton

Clinton,

the short answer is no. There is only access at the lower end and the upper end in Bruce. If you would have continued on Piney Hill to Kennedy and made a left and then another left onto Bruce Rd you can take that to the top of the hill where the signs are and walk ocer the hill through the woods. But it is a very steep hill. Your G-father would not fare well there. Makes me breath hard coming back up.

Just where you left the creek you can park at the culvert pipe, (More parking signs) and go directly across from the parking to the creek. You can go along the stream for over a mile upstream there. The first part is not too rugged.

Our chapter is stocking there on Saturday if we get enough labor to help. We need over a dozen people to take the fish in over Bruce Rd and then float time to the bottom. If you want to see the fly stretch and learn from some guys who fish it. You should think about helping. PM me if you are interested.

That goes for anyone who want to lend a hand. Its tough to get enough people to stock this area nad so far we are a little short.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

maurice

Back