tattoo

M

maffetaj

My next tattoo...... Right sleeve

Attachments

• trout tattoo kaz.jpg
    trout tattoo kaz.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
Pretty sweet, I love fly fishing tattoo.

That mouth needs fixing.

Edit: reminds me of Thundercats emblem.

Now all you'll need to do is add a little poison ivy every once in awhile to give it a redish glow during certain seasons.

Hummmm....sketchy

This is a going to be a traditional Japanese sleeve by a artistin NYC that put his own twist on making the mouth a little aggressive....... should I have him make it more realistic?
humm sketchy.... whats that mean?

IMHO, the trout is almost obscured by everything around it, but what do I know about tats.

I like it, and personally I'd make the mouth a little less 'beak-ish' Soften/round out those points just a bit, or keep 'em and make 'em less prominent, doesn't seem to fit with the general curvy/wavy feel...unless you want the mouth to be a focal point, then keep it as is.

It is a sketch. It is not Art.

I am a professional artist. I do not have ink because I'm fussy and can draw better than most tat artists. I also get bored easily with images.

Tighten up the sketch until you are happy, including any fill in color or detailing...then go for it.

Cool design...its going on your body, so as long as you like it, it is good to go in my opinion. With that being said...please fix that adipose fin!!!

Honestly, I'd change the mouth and adipose fin.

Mayflies are grossly out of proportion to fish. Anal fin looks like it's growing out of the fish's side. Adipose fin too large. Doesn't really look like water. Mouth - 'nuff said already. It's your body though and your tattoo. If it was mine it would be much more anatomically correct and proportional though.

Is it permanent? I would frame it and hang it over the fireplace for a few years just to make sure it won't fall into a "seemed like a good idea at the time" thing.

My buddy got bugs bunny on his bicep hanging from a parachute over his shoulder when we were 18. Almost 40 years later we laugh at his tattoo every time we get together.

Check out Eric Hornung in NJ. I've seen some of his work and he's fantastic. If I ever get something permanently plastered onto my body it would be fishing related and he would be the one to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anti-Hero-Electric-Tattoo/120702904677936

Looks like a bad idea. If you feel like you really need a tattoo, why don't you get one that could be of some use. Like a road map tattoo, or a calendar.

Buried treasure map!

maffetaj wrote:
My next tattoo...... Right sleeve

i have tattoos.

my view - the composition is okay, but the trout is poor. as other have said, he should look at males kype if its to be aggressive, the dorsal is too far back, the adipose is wrong, the anal is wrong.

I'm going to take a wild guess and reckon he traced that from a traditional carp rather than from scratch.

its your body man, do want you want but imho thats a pretty crappy trout. i wouldn't put that on my body.

i would only get a fish tattoo if deyoung did it. but i probably still bail on that. tats are like aids its with you for life. not that i dislike them just not one me.

Never expected so many nerdy responses lol

Back