strange occurrences

bushwacker

bushwacker

I'm sure this will amuse most of you, but i'm seriously curious. Have any of you ever witnessed any strange activity while fishing in pa's wilder locations. years ago while fishing north central pa i had something strange happen. up steam, opposite side of river about 100 feet a fairly large pine was shaken violently with several large branches flung from the side of a steep incline into the stream. Never experienced anything like it before or since. I can't imagine what could or would do that. Don't want to sound crazy, but this actually happened and my sister was with me to witness it as well. Have never been able to forget it.

I was walking a cow path through a pasture with a single tree along the path. The tree cracked and fell on the path about 15ft in front of me. It was a clear, sunny, calm day. Fishing was OK, not great.

In Montana I was driving up a logging road about 6 in the morning-passed a small camp site-one van there- it was shaking- I laughed and kept on going-not that strange...

I seen a lot of strange stuff fishing along the river in my 30years. I seen a cult meeting on the banks of the BET. A lot of couples parking in the day time. Even came up on a Amish buggy that had pot in the air and it was rocking pretty good. 3 Amish girl bathing in the river. One summer I seen a guy fishing in just a Speedo about 6 different times. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

A friend and I were fishing stuff the confluence of the Juniata and Susky, and a guy pulled a fun on us as we were walking back to our vehicle. I believe he was involved in some disturbance at the fine establishment known as The Cabin. It took some convincing to get this product of a limited gene pool to realize that we were not whom he was looking for, as we had been fishing, and not squandering money on the sub-par entertainers of the club.

Quite a while back, in a rural PA area, while driving in the dark very early in the morning, I saw a cross burning in a field:roll:

bushwacker wrote:
I'm sure this will amuse most of you, but i'm seriously curious. Have any of you ever witnessed any strange activity while fishing in pa's wilder locations. years ago while fishing north central pa i had something strange happen. up steam, opposite side of river about 100 feet a fairly large pine was shaken violently with several large branches flung from the side of a steep incline into the stream. Never experienced anything like it before or since. I can't imagine what could or would do that. Don't want to sound crazy, but this actually happened and my sister was with me to witness it as well. Have never been able to forget it.

What was the weather like? Was there wind? If so, there could have been a localized strong blast of wind.

Or, if it was a calm day, it could have been caused by a large limb, or even the top of the tree, breaking off and falling down, breaking off other limbs as it came down.

I've seen and heard big limbs fall down from trees a few times. It gets your attention, especially when it happens close by.

I saw a golden rainbow chase down a badly dragging stimulator. I caught it.

I came across a girl being photographed topless on a small footbridge.

laszlo wrote:
I came across a girl being photographed topless on a small footbridge.

Was the footbridge made of wood or metal? :lol:

bushwacker wrote:

Bear??

Geez, have I ever lived a sheltered fishing life! No falling trees or "nymphs" in my experiences.

Tree branch breaking and tossing is a KNOWN Bigfoot modus operandi... just sayin'.

http://sasquatchinvestigations.org/bigfoot-research/tree-break-pictures/

While fishing in North Georgia I came on to a guy playing a guitar as he sat on a rock at the edge of the stream. Raised the hackles on the back of my neck. Then I noticed a camera man upstream shooting what I later was told was an ad for the local Tourism Council.
I once "walked on water" when lightening hit a tree so close you could smell sulfur in the air. My friend moose still brings that one up as a laugh getter on me.
GG

I would be scared to death if I came upon a guy sitting on a rock playing guitar!

This guy?

Attachments

• deliverance.jpg
    deliverance.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
Saw this on a stream but I'm told it's not all that uncommon.

Attachments

• tire-small.jpg
    tire-small.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 4
troutbert wrote:

What was the weather like? Was there wind? If so, there could have been a localized strong blast of wind.

Or, if it was a calm day, it could have been caused by a large limb, or even the top of the tree, breaking off and falling down, breaking off other limbs as it came down.

Or a squirrel or some other animal could have broken a rotten limb, causing a cascade of falling limbs. I've seen squirrels fall out of trees before.

This is probably not close but here goes. I was fishing Cedar Run just below Leetonia with my best fishing buddy. It had been a brutal winter and the treetops in the canyon had been damaged by heavy snow or a wind shear. As we fished under the damaged canopy a thunderstorm blew up suddenly and very sharp broken branches fell like a hail of spears. We were lucky to get our sorry asses out of the area in tact.

Back