rain in Southern PA

geebee

geebee

the weather idiots say we are to get 2.5 inches over the next three days, less as you go further north.

looks like the SE PA and South central streams could out fish the Northern streams this weekend !

Yeah, I mentioned this in the Erie thread, but there was a ways to go then.

TS Karen's remants have reformed as a pretty classic Nor-easter. Pretty weak from a pressure standpoint, but lots of moisture still associated with it, and it's pretty much gonna stall off the Delmarva, before actually retrograding back towards Hatteras and dissapating. The whole time it'll be wrapping moisture towards us for a few days here.

Not cold enough for snow, obviously. But it's gonna be a wet few days, wetter as you go further east and especially south. Rain bands will move from east to west.

If this were January instead of October, it'd be a blockbuster!

it hasn't stopped raining here all day.

Brandywine, LL and VC all ticking up nicely - the tully looks blown already lol.

i see Chambersburg is getting some too.

We had an inch and a hald of rain on Monday and it didn't even out a dent in the flows.

We are getting hammered with rain here in the southeast. Lots of black and blue dots showing up on the USGS streamflow data map.

Was somewhat unsure of how much rain would materialize out of this, but we got slammed in Lebanon County last night. 3 inches or so. Furnace Hills streams were rockin' when I drove over them this morning.

Yeah, streams are rockin here too. I was late for work cause my usual route was flooded, and that hasn't happened since Irene and that followup tropical storm.

Too bad we couldn't push this far enough north and west for Erie! Nice, cold rain and lots of it.

Holy Rain. Here in chester county, we got slammed pretty hard last night/this morning. It doesnt show any signs of stopping yet.

Way past the streamers now here in the Carlisle area. The trout will be hiding in the woods as the Yellow Breeches starts moving over flood stage this afternoon.

The Conestoga River precipitation graph on the USGS site shows 6" of rain since yesterday (Thursday) midday. I would say she is blown out!

I live on the PA line in Maryland near the Gunpowder and while we got only 1" of rain in August and 1" in September we have gotten 3-1/2" from this storm and more to come over the next three days. Some of the brown trout were already starting to take on their spawning colors, but they had not really started to move upstream due to the low clear water conditions. My somewhat educated guess is with the increased flows it will get them get moving. Streamer time indeed. The interesting thing as far as I am concerned is that I am seeing some of the largest fish I have ever seen in the upper Gunpowder due to the recent larger and slightly warmer: 58 degree water releases from the Pretty Boy dam and they are not browns. I have seen a number of rainbows well over the 20" size range which are probably holdover Freshwater Institute fish that were stocked downstream over the past several years. They are running up with the brown tout, but why they are is somewhat of a mystery. I have noticed a few small rainbows with par marking in the Gunpowder recently so maybe we are getting some rainbow recruitment for the first time in many years.

it is tipping it down here in Wilmington.

a little bit too much. i'm guessing the streams i wanted to fish in the morning will be blown out too.

but hopefully this water is going to give us 3-4 weeks of good fishing..

Getting a lot here today in Bucks.

Way too much of a good thing here in Adams County last night and today with flooding and pooled water in low areas here in town. We need a break for a few hours!

anybody plan on fishing this weekend because a lot of streams were stocked last week how are they going to fish. Im close to the pennypack which was stocked on October 9th is it worth it

STILL raining here in Wilmington. I'd guess blown out - check the USGS streamflows online...

We were surveying the wadable section of Conestoga, taking advantage of the low flow last week and early this week to be able to wade some normally unwadable holes. We stepped up the pace to finish by Wednesday. It was a good thing that we did....lucked out once again. I think the wading opportunity has passed below the confluence of Muddy Ck for the fall.

The Conestoga was wonderful the past few weeks. Flows of +/- 150cfs = good wading. Yeah, it's gonna take a while for that thing to come back down again and clear up! The Swatara was also good and wadeable as well. Not so now!

geebee wrote:
STILL raining here in Wilmington. I'd guess blown out - check the USGS streamflows online...

With the government shutdown, does anyone know if all of the gauges are even accurate. I'm guesing if it has an updated date and time it is but I'm in CA (flying back tomorrow finally) and I'm seeing all the posts about all the rain but most gauges still show below normal readings.

Just curious.

Back