need help with a day out!

• Thread starter cantcontroltroutmojo
  • Start date
C

cantcontroltroutmojo

going to be in somerset county this weekend hoping to fish a number of different spots around confluence. if anyone can be helpful with that area this time of year it would be greatly appreciated. hoping to find something tranquil and with fish but i know both are hard to come by.

Dunbar Creek. It's about 5 miles or so outside of Confluence. Not sure what it's running like at the moment, but I do know that it holds fish year round.

Dunbar creek is about 20 miles from Confluence, PA but does hold some nice trout year round. A closer option would be lower Laurel Hill Creek, just 15 min N of Confluence near Humbert. I caught some real nice bows there last week and saw 1 other fisherman, who happened to be very friendly. Beautiful area.

How about Laurel Hill Creek , there are 2 seperate Special regs. sections , laurel hill creek is one of the streams that forms the Confluence where the town gets it's name go to the "point" and follow it upstream , lottsa trout oppurtunities , there is also the Youghegheney sp it is also one of the streams that forms the confluence , in recent years the Yough has received a lot of good press and word of mouth kudos. Confluence would rank high on my list of "Trout Towns" in PA. Wear some oragne so the hunters can see ya................HOPE YA FIND 'EM- GOOD LUCK O.

Back