little juniata

jlsmithii

jlsmithii

i recently heard that there is a section of this river that has been turned into an exclusive club for trout fishing. what gives? is my tax money being used to stock this water? before i jump to any conclusions, has anyone heard of this?

as an aside, i heard the same group is trying to buy up some erie tribs to do the same thing.

WOW...without sounding rude...you might want to try Googling this first...if you are not joking...or just moved here...this has been going on for many years and resulted in a court decision just last month.

Heres a press release...
http://tinyurl.com/2hf6mq

then try Googling using:

Search..."little juniata" "Navigable" "Spring Ridge"

tomgamber,

just moved back to PA. thought i would ask here before trying to decipher news clips. sorry to offend

Like I said...no offense...and trying NOT to be rude...there just isn't enough space on here to go into it all...of course while it was all happening all the people on here did their best to try and fill up cyberspace with the debate. :lol:

Just to sum it up.
Some dude is buying access to every good inch of h2o he can get his hands on and making it private.

He just lost in court concerning the little J as it is a navigable waterway. Win one for the little guy!

Now add a few years of diatribe and you pretty much got the whole ball of wax.

Back