crabby creek

marcq

marcq

does anyone know anything about crabby creek, it is a tributary to valley creek i read that it could hold or have a population of brook trout?

Valley Forge TU has been working on Crabby Creek for quite some time. Here is a link to an article about it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/living/green/20090204_Creek_is_getting_back_in_the_swim.html

Just google Crabby Creek...you will find a ton of stuff on it. But yes, it did once hold wild brookies, which I think were pretty much wiped out by hurricane Floyd. Restoration of the stream and the fish is now taking place. Like Afish said, VFTU and its partners are leading the way. Great story!!!!!!

Would the brookies in Crabby Creek be original and pure PA strain, decendents of hatchery strain, import strains of mixture of any or all strains?

what is the fishing like. where does it meet with little valley?

marcq.

I don't hear much about the fishing in Crabby. I think that's due to the fact that I avoid it due to it's rehab status. I want to personally give it some time. I suspect that the other VFTU members probably feel the same way.

does anyone know what the fishing was like befor it got messed up. does this mean there is or were brook trout in valley creek?

I remember reading about Crabby eighteen years ago in some rag and it was recovering. I think Wawa had something to do about polluting the stream.
Move on and fish Hays Creek

Do you mean Hay Creek near Birdsboro?

Dear englishprof,

I think HOBUT meant Hayes Creek in Carbon County, he's a HOBUT afterall.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Sorry I should of said Hayes in Carbon County
Stop and say HI to Gene

Back