cool looking bags

brain

brain

ok this neat stuff, albeit a might spendy. i might get one of the lanyards.
http://www.leatherandcanvas.com/html/fly_fishing_bag.html

i think a bamboo rod is required in order to complete the retro look however.

Very cool bag but a little steep for me.

not a new idea, I bought these in the 70's. Wood river bags, I have three sizes. green one is a chest, belt or shouder bag minimal carry. tan is the medium i use for steelheading, same setup chest,shoulder or belt. Brown is large and use mostly as a boat bag but came do same as the other 2. I think prices were 29.00,39.00, and 49.95 at the time..will never sell them they are great..

Attachments

• DSCF2132.JPG
    DSCF2132.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2133.JPG
    DSCF2133.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2135.JPG
    DSCF2135.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2137.JPG
    DSCF2137.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2138.JPG
    DSCF2138.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2139.JPG
    DSCF2139.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2142.JPG
    DSCF2142.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2143.JPG
    DSCF2143.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF2144.JPG
    DSCF2144.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 2
those are very nice bags. expensive? yes. outlast you? most likely. a quality product that is hand made. if I had the extra cash, I would probably spring for one.

wow :-o I've been known to spend to much money on some things but...jeez.

It is probably a top quailty bag, like someone said most definately hand made but my wife thinks I am nuts now if she finds out what I spent on that bag she would go nuts. I learned a long time ago she pays attention better than I thought she did to my fly fishing and tying stuff. I thought she knew I had a fly rod, I didn't think she knew it was one I bought from Bass Pro so when i upgraded to a expensive name brand she would not even catch it, I was wrong. So from then on I let her know what I'm getting and spending, might as well get the attitude and the look (husbands all know the look) over with, instead of waiting for her to find out and give me a hard time.

"I'm only after the dumb ones"

How many women spend that and more on a hand bag ?

If you look hard enough, I'm sure there's a Chinese knock-off out there for 1/10th the price and it'll last you a whole six months!

I'm with the rest - if I had the money I'd definitely have one. And no, it's not a purse, it's a satchel! :-D

Sandfly , i see those bags every once in a while.
This bag reminds me of the filson chest pack i have ,a lil more leather on this bag though. all a matter of waht you want or will function for you.

i'm a sucker for leather and canvas. it's just a matter of time till i end up with that bag. hopefully the fold down lanyard satisfies my taste for the time being.

Back