Young lad meets President Carter on Spruce Creek

wgmiller

wgmiller

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/413610_A-stream--a-local-boy--and-a-president.html

1) Cool.
2) Man, Jimmy looks old.
3) Seriously, kid, you're meeting a former POTUS and current darling of international humanitarian concerns, you're gonna make real news... get a haircut that doesn't look like the bowl just grew out and was over your eyes lopsided to begin with.

That's awesome.

@Gfen- I totally agree about the haircut thing...

Carter's office asked only that family members send their Social Security numbers for a security clearance and that they not publicize the meeting beforehand.

[color=990000]And that ladies and gentleman is how you prevent "Spot burning"[/color]

That's hair? I thought it was a helmet.;-)

Trying to look like Beeber I guess.

did anyone read carter's article in I think Fly Fisherman a few months back about the aftermath of the hurricane in '98? Horrible writing for an ex-leader of our country.

Great article. I have heard from other people that met Carter that he is a very down to earth and good person.

"He talked about the 56 fly-fishing rods he owns."

Yee-haw! Time to shop. :cool:

lol @ HA. I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to see that collection just to see what he has accumulated in his life.

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Watch out, just because he broke the 40 rod barrier doesn't mean you can. He's got lifetime Secret Service protection details, you've only got an occasional manboy who goes fishing with you and works PT with you...and is he gonna take a bullet for you?

"Over a Memorial Day outing on the wild trout stream near State College" Are there two Spruce Creeks up that way?

Nice story none the less.

Don't be deceived about the status of Spruce Creek. Though some private sections are stocked and stockers roam, the stream is without a doubt an excellent wild trout stream.

I enjoy Spruce Creek a great deal outside of the Harvey section.

gfen wrote:
Watch out, just because he broke the 40 rod barrier doesn't mean you can. He's got lifetime Secret Service protection details, you've only got an occasional manboy who goes fishing with you and works PT with you...and is he gonna take a bullet for you?

I ain't askeerd. Sparky still has a metal stringer, and any self respecting hilljack can creel anything faster than a speeding bullet.

Besides, Fredrick is the Chief of Security for the H.A. Network. Fredrick is ninja. Fear him.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
I ain't askeerd. Sparky still has a metal stringer, and any self respecting hilljack can creel anything faster than a speeding bullet.

Besides, Fredrick is the Chief of Security for the H.A. Network. Fredrick is ninja. Fear him.

You know what you just described, right?

masterblaster.jpg

Just sayin'.

gfen wrote:
Heritage-Angler wrote:

Gary wins my "make me laugh out loud at work" award for the day!

Back