Wild vs Stockies

P

PennypackFlyer

What's your comparison of the two?

I find that wild trout fight much longer and they taste much better. It is strange to realize that something that eats bugs taste much better than hand fed.

I don't know why anyone with the exception of kids fish stock trout.

Whatever floats your boat lol

I don't know why anyone with the exception of kids fish stock trout.

Because not everyone lives close to wild trout or has the time to drive a couple hours to get to them. So if it is alright with YOU, I will continue to drive 15/20 minutes to fish stocked fish during the week after work; or walk out back from my place of employment and fish.

As long as I can hold on to my youth, I will fish stocked trout. "I'M JUST A BIG/OLD KID" ;-)

Brad theres no problem with your answer at all that's why I said whatever floats your boat. You want to fish stock trout fish stock trout I could care less. Everyone can fish for whatever they want I think theres no challenge in fishing for a stocked trout.

You want to fish stock trout fish stock trout I could care less.

Then why did you bother to comment on this thread in the first place?

Oh, that's right....it's the internets.

It's fun to see your answers it's like comedy

There is a place for both wild and stocked trout.

They are just different places.

We've been over this topic a time or two in the past. :-o

At this point it's not even beating a dead horse, it's beating a spot on the ground where maybe a few horse hairs and bleached bones can still be found.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
Brad theres no problem with your answer at all that's why I said whatever floats your boat. You want to fish stock trout fish stock trout I could care less. Everyone can fish for whatever they want I think theres no challenge in fishing for a stocked trout.

You better be careful of getting your nose so high up in the air where it might end up!

Being an unfortunate fly fisher for stockies, these are the kind of stockies close to home that I waste my time on. Good thing they are unchallenging too.

562555_n_zps1e04c396.jpg

14066_n_zpsf3f63520.jpg

IMGP2154_zps4a8fad1d.jpg

were you using corn? lol

Brad thanks for info have fun fishing stock trout

Hook Jaw,
Fishing for stocked trout is much better than "trolling" on the internet.

It's real simple you wanna fish stock trout fish stock trout there's no need to send pictures of stock trout and talk about stock trout being a challenge its no challenge a 20 inch stock trout is dumber then a 2 inch native trout. Ask Joe Humprey he caught a record stock trout lol

Hook_Jaw, so you are saying that if you lived far from wild trout you would not trout fish at all because they are stockies?

Talk about elitism...............

I probaly would fish stock trout your correct.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
It's real simple you wanna fish stock trout fish stock trout there's no need to send pictures of stock trout and talk about stock trout being a challenge its no challenge a 20 inch stock trout is dumber then a 2 inch native trout. Ask Joe Humprey he caught a record stock trout lol

Actually you're wrong. A 2" native brook is pretty easy to catch, actually easier then most stocked trout that have been in Pine for only a couple of months. These fish can become quite selective.

Back