While we're ranting

Chaz

Chaz

I think that the moderators should not allow so many high jackings of folks threads. I especially hate the threads starting out about favorite or best trout whatever in PA that gets high jacked by someone who wants to tout MT CO or some other place not relevent to the post, and none of them are relevent if we're talking about pa.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Chaz. Anyone else? Shall we stand such posters in the corner?

JackM wrote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Chaz. Anyone else? Shall we stand such posters in the corner?

Na. Just ignore the post. The only way an off topic post gets a foot hold is by responding to it..... Unless of course it's way, way off topic and it's obvious that what the poster is doing is malicious or an error to the wrong thread.

Come get some.

the larger issue is reining in posters who boastfully anger new "lookers" who do not agree with their views

to the best of my knowledge, I have never attacked anyone unless they initiated the attack (s) feel free to post any evidence in contridication

REBUTTALS ENCOURAGED

I think with all these RANT post there should be a sub- forum for them!

wouldn't matter some puppies just keep following you around

like gnats in Spring

I find when walking my dog in a town with laws against leaving their biological dirt around, it is best to follow the dog as much as possible, so you can be there when needed to scoop and bag it.

This is an example of metaphor.

JackM wrote:
I find when walking my dog in a town with laws against leaving their biological dirt around, it is best to follow the dog as much as possible, so you can be there when needed to scoop and bag it.

LOL!

Good one!

It beats my gnats on puppy parts idea i was working on. :-o

major problem is that "blind" folks keep stepping in it

ROFLMAO

appendix:

"blind folks" pertains to moderators as well

the click you heard was me turning on my eyeball windshield wipers

this is serious comedy

ROFLMAO

littlejuniata wrote:
major problem is that "blind" folks keep stepping in it

ROFLMAO

Whether blind or eagle-eyed, one would need to dance like Fred Astaire to avoid stepping in it.

This is an example of simile.

There are limits to the role moderators can productively fill. Keeping threads on topic strikes me as way beyond what they can keep up with and probably more than what we'd really want them to do. Plenty of people complain when the mods delete or move posts that violate the rules, so I can hardly imagine the dust-ups that would ensue if they started policing "relevance".

What a long strange trip this site has been this winter!! Let the fishing begin!! :-D

JackM wrote:

If nothing else. It keeps your hands warm during the winter. Can't wait to meet you'ns and shake your hand.

What a long strange trip this site has been this winter!! Let the fishing begin!!

A-freakin-men.

I second that A-Freakin_Men!!!

It's the rudeness of the highjackings that bothers me most. As a for instance rather than me rant in someone elses post about highjacking I wrote my own post and marked it as a rant so if a person didn't want to ready it they could skip it. Some people feel compelled to highjack post often, I don't get it. It's wrong.

>>It's the rudeness of the highjackings that bothers me most. (snip) It's wrong.>>

It probably is wrong or at the least, it is less than fully civil. But it also seems to be the way these things work on the internet.

The interactions between people on message boards often seems to bear a closer resemblance to the way folks react to each other in traffic than it does to the way they would act in a face to face meeting. There's something about both the insulation of being in a vehicle and the insulation of posting remotely and (sometimes..) somewhat anonymously that seems to bring out less than the best in some folks.

It is what it is, I guess..

Back