Water Level Jam Weekend

S

steve98

Does anyone think water level the weekend of the Jam could be an issue?

Steve98

Its always an issue...if its low you have to fish one way...if its just right you have to fish another..if its too high you just have to keep drinking!!!

but seriously, its kind of low now...hopefully Festus will give us an update before we go.

tomgamber wrote:
Its always an issue...if its low you have to fish one way...if its just right you have to fish another..if its too high you just have to keep drinking!!!

but seriously, its kind of low now...hopefully Festus will give us an update before we go.

Yeah Tom, if it's low you fish for bass while drinking, if it's just right, trout while drinking, and if it's high then ya hit Slate Run, which I haven't yet figured out how to get to without passing a bar. :-D Seriously, though, I'm praying hard for the rain. I'm not sure how the upper Pine does, but in the lower Pine low water makes them pool up at stream mouths, which always have a few empty corn cans next to them. :-( On the bright side, I know where there are a few cold water seeps that usually hold some beasties in low water. :cool:

Boyer

take lick run road and as you get to the stop sign turn left (elk run will be right beside the road). if you go a really long distance....youll pass over cedar run and next slate run. nothin but trees out there! its byob :-D

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
take lick run road and as you get to the stop sign turn left (elk run will be right beside the road). if you go a really long distance....youll pass over cedar run and next slate run. nothin but trees out there! its byob :-D

I think there's a tree down so that road is out! :p Seriously, though, that's awesome. I never realized that was what was on the other end of that road. I'm realatively familiar with it coming from the Slate run end, but we usuall take mine hole to the WRT to get back to camp so we can avoid the cliffs on 414 above cedar run. I hate those cliffs going upstream! Nobody friggin slows down a bit! I'll be winding a lot of dirt that weekend now that I know I can. Thanks, man!

Boyer

no problem. remember to take a delorme map if you got one. it shows those little dirt roads and they can get confusing. a few nice loverlooks as well. :-D

untitled.bmp

bwahahaha. its so sad that its funny.

I'm going to wrap myself in a trash bag with neck and arm holes.

Although I have been known to consult long-range forecasts out of fun, I would hesitate to put any stock in them beyond 5 days. Next week this time, I'll begin paying closer attention. But I'm coming either way. From my viewpoint, a little rain and clouds will be a good thing. There are enough nearby brooks and even a couple lakes that will assure some fishing, even under the worst (and traditional) "blow out" circumstances.

I totally agree Jack. I was just posting it because I'm highly amused at the fact that it's going as far as saying "a full day of sunshine" before, but quickly deteriorates into angry looking rain clouds during the jam.

Weather aside.... I'm drinking beer and catching trout.

I was going through some old notes right after this was first posted and I had to laugh. I apparently had heard or read a quote some months ago that I thought was such an eloquent definition of a trout bum I had to remember it. It says "Do you check the weather ten times a day, even though it only changes twice?" Yeah, that's me alright! i'll be checking it right until I get in the car and head out into the rain! The good thing is early June is usually sticky enough for the rain to be somewhat welcome, and in a good spate some of the better trout streams will be big enough to fish. Anybody care for some lemonade? I got the lemons! :-D

Boyer

If I had the rain jacket last year, that I have this year, I wouldn't be complaining. This year I'm prepared. Its gonna take a lot more than "periods of rain" and "showers around" to bring the current levels up a lot. Jam On!

Back