Valley Forge Show - I won a trip - or did I???

S

SonOfMartin

So last night I get a call from one of the vendors at the show. Claim I won an all expense paid Cruise with Airline tickets.

Great - I tell them send me an email with all the info.

Say I have to come in with my spouse, and be there for an hour (my radar just went up a level).

I tell my wife who gets all excited, but I tell her I smell a timeshare sale...

About an hour later, my oldest son gets a call - yep he won 2 tickets for a cruise plus airfaire.

Radar goes up another notch....

Just a few minutes ago, my youngest son got a call form them too...guess what he won...but he's under 21 so I have to come in with him...

Anyone else win a cruise and tickets?

This place can't be legit - they'd go broke giving away all these tickets and cruises.....

Cruise?...was this the one to the left as soon as you went through the entrance?..They told me it was for a trip to Colorado...

I thought that I was the only person that won! Crap. They told me that I have to drive to Harrisburg, sit through a meeting and then I can pick up my voucher for the cruise and airline tickets. "We are not a time share sir" was what the lady told me. Right. She did also tell me that I was a finalist in the drawing for the grand prize ($50k or a new vehicle). It does sound fishy and I should have known better than to fill out that slip. Too far for me to go so I'll probably pass on the "free" trip. BTW, it's transferable. :) blah, blah, blah

So, which vendor so I know to never deal with them?

"Fill this out for a free fishing trip to Colorado" was all they said. The lady calling said she was with Sunshine Tours.

I have to assume it was the one anouncing the trip to Colorado but I can't be sure.

They are a travel company based out of Harrisburg off of I-81.

They claimed to be "the sponsor" of the fly fishing show and that I too was now a finalst for the drawings at the end of the show year.

I so want to go and waste an hour just to see what it's all about, but then again.....

So my entire family enters and we all win....if it quacks like a duck...

So, who else has won this fantastic one-of-a-kind trip?

gfen wrote:

It was not a vendor. It was an unmanned drop box with the standard stuff on it that you see on every box outside of your local Sizzler. It was clearly a scam, kind of like the magnetic bracelets they were selling idiots for $25 a pop. But you know, they put "fish on" with stick on stickers at the top of their board so it was fishing related.

I remember a guy at work coming in one day and bragging how he won an all expense trip to Mexico.We were skeptical but he laughed at us for that.
Never mentioned it again.:}

pete41 wrote:
I remember a guy at work coming in one day and bragging how he won an all expense trip [color=CC0000]to[/color] Mexico.We were skeptical but he laughed at us for that.
Never mentioned it again.:}

And what happened when he got there?

May want to report this to Ben or Chuck F. so they know.
info@flyfishingshow.com

It was a scam being worked in the west at the time-
ended up costing more than it would have if he had booked one.He didn't go.
When I read OP I thought ,heard this one before.

Well, just after the entrance with the ticket taker, to the left. I filled out one of those things, mostly cause the girl was cute. But I haven't gotten a call that I won yet. Must not like me.....

jdaddy wrote:
gfen wrote:

It was not a vendor. It was an unmanned drop box with the standard stuff on it that you see on every box outside of your local Sizzler. It was clearly a scam, kind of like the magnetic bracelets they were selling idiots for $25 a pop. But you know, they put "fish on" with stick on stickers at the top of their board so it was fishing related.

My girlfriend and I noticed the alien technology magnetic bracelets stand. I guess a person could sell scented candles at the show as long as a picture of a fish is on the jar.

pcray1231 wrote:
Well, just after the entrance with the ticket taker, to the left. I filled out one of those things, mostly cause the girl was cute. But I haven't gotten a call that I won yet. Must not like me.....

They heard your PAFF reputation and knew they could never overcome your logic so why try?

Phlsphyguy wrote:
My girlfriend and I noticed the alien technology magnetic bracelets stand. I guess a person could sell scented candles at the show as long as a picture of a fish is on the jar.

That might have been the funniest part of the show. Just ask Redsun!

My girlfriend got the call also about winning a cruise. I have also been skeptical.

firandfeather wrote:
May want to report this to Ben or Chuck F. so they know.
info@flyfishingshow.com

Yes, definitely. Let them know.

ITS MAGIC!@!@~~!~!~!~ ITS MAGIC!@!~! WOW!

ROFL@!~

hey but if it cures Sight-Nymph then i am goin to buy stock in the company.

I emailed the show. I do not know if it will do any good, but I figured that maybe if enough people email they will not allow these types of gimmicks in the future. That scam was literally set up right inside the entrance to all the vendors and other booths. You could barely get your stamped hand checked before the "scammers" were asking you to fill out a sheet for the "Colorado Trip". The marketing ploy was smart, but I think it was a bad image overall for the Fly Fishing Show.

Redsun wrote:
ITS MAGIC!@!@~~!~!~!~ ITS MAGIC!@!~! WOW!

ROFL@!~

hey but if it cures Sight-Nymph then i am goin to buy stock in the company.

Jump on 1 foot and spin!!!!! Holy crap it's Magic!! Fredrick looked like he was about to buy one after your extra sell.

Back