Tulpehocken Creek Clean-up and Stocking

O

outsider

TCO fly shop is fronting a clean-up of the upper half of the DH area this Sunday. We will meet at the stilling basin at 2:00. In addition, we will be float stocking the lower half of the DH on Monday. Help would be greatly appreciated. I will try to post if there are any schedule changes.

Section 08, below the DH Area's Section 07, will also be stocked that day.

My error not to include that area.

How’d you guys make out with the high water?

The COE dropped it to 140. now it's back up to 600 and we have to stock tomorrow, go figure.

I wonder if anyone came to fish while you guys cleaned up just to have a day where the Tully’s not running high lol

We had a pretty good turnout for the cleanup yesterday. Mostly bottles, cans, plastic bags, and the occasional bait container. Some tires, a large piece of plate glass, a rusty water heater, and a child's car seat.

The turnout for the stocking today was not good to say the least. Picture me trying to hold on to 3 float stocking barrels against the current while the other two filled them with trout. But we did it. I do want to thank officer Troy and the other fish commission employees for a job well done. And a thank you to others that helped.

Now that I had a hot shower and an ample amount of brandy and my head is cleared, I need to thank the other 2 that float stocked with me:

1) Ben from TCO, who coordinates the stocking

2) A young man named Asher who showed up to stock. He never fished the Tully, never float stocked a stream. A fly fishing newbie, I will be helping him from now on. He can't wait for his first time fishing with me and my son. If the weather/water cooperates, this Friday.

i was hoping to head out this weekend also, but its not looking good. I'm wondering if they are bringing the lake down to winter levels. Inflow at 400cfs, outflow at 600cfs. Lake level is more than 1/2 a foot lower than summer levels already.
Time will tell.

Opie, I am quite certain they are releasing water for winter lake level.

Back