Trout reacting to spawning and body colors

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

A while back i put a post about trout and the color red. I got some replies about Trout keying in on their natural spawining colors. I thought of this and i am kind of addicted to catching ugly golden rainbows because i know tons of people try to catch them. So i tied a bright yellow nymph.

This weekend a friend and i were fishing and came upon a nice goldie. After about 10 minutes of my hare's ear drifting with out even gettting looked at or his PT getting a glance i told him to watch this. I said I am going to try a nymph i tied because of something i read on my forum. He shrugged and kept trying.

I then tied on my bright yellow nymph wich is a size 14 bead head with turkey tail fiber tail. yellow dubbing. and turkey wing case. The fish nailed it on the first cast.

Thanks for the good advice. Wish i would have said "get out your pen and notebook" instead of giving you guys credit first. LOL

Attachments

• golden1.JPG
    golden1.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 4
I know of a golden who seen it all and is still in the same swimming hole for a month now. Ill give your technique a shot

Back