Tioga/Lycoming Trip

englishprof

englishprof

A friend recently completed renovations to a cabin/house in Oregon Hill near the County line. A few of us our planning a trip there in September. It's easy enough to check out streams on the PFBC site, but would appreciate information from anyone familiar with the area. What about Babb Creek? Have read some nice stuff about the reclamation project. PM's are always appreciated. Thanks.

Dear Prof,

I can't tell you much about Babb Creek but just about every stream up that way holds wild fish. I can also tell you that recent spikes in coal prices brought many of the old mines back into the producing mode so we'll see how whether the reclaimation on Babb Creek was a worthy project or just another finger stuck in the dike?

Keep in mind that alot of the streams up that way are posted and owned by private Fish and Game clubs so be careful where you tread. There isn't a lot of State owned land off of 287.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

I drove along Babb Creek this spring - it looks pretty good.
The orange rocks are gone.
I didn't fish it, but I talked to some other fisherman about it.
I was told that it's being stocked with trout again now.
I'm sure sandfly, or anyone from slate run tackle shop could verify that info

Thanks Tim and Dry,

Another friend actually lives on Babb Creek so we'll certainly give it a shot. Slate and Cedar Runs are fairly close by and are listed as, not ony Class A Streams, but two of the top ten in the State. What do you think?

Both are great waters if they have water. Low and clear conditions can make fishing tough on either. Sandfly has recently reported that Pine is still fishing well and temperatures are cool enough for it to be OK to hassle them. I'd suggest fishing the brookie water in the day and larger waters morning and evening.

I'll definitely take you up on your suggestions. Here's a story about the two.

http://flyfisherman.com/northeast/drpafreestoners/index.html

Anything and Everything is 5 miles away

Back