Support 100' Stream Buffers in PA

CLSports

CLSports

I recently received this email which I thought would be good to pass onto this board:

The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has proposed new regulations to control erosion and sedimentation and stormwater runoff associated with new construction. Unfortunately, these regulations only include a voluntary program for forested buffers along streams. And they include some concessions to developers that could cause even more damage to our streams.

We need to get letters to the Environmental Quality Board telling them to make 100 foot forested buffers mandatory on all streams in the Commonwealth!

Please help protect our water quality in this great state by writing to the EQB now. Also please include a few sentences about the streams and rivers in your area and why protecting our water quality is important to you.

-Rob

Click here:
Take Action

I agree......but let's use our heads on what's a "stream" and a roadside ditch so actual construction and progress can be made and not cost taxpayers money on bickering over a couple of feet......The DEP's main concern right now should be the Marcellus drilling and making sure it is handled correctly...doubt this is gonna happen since new layoffs are taking place and they are all DEP employees.

jeff

Thanks CL,
I sent my message in and forwarded it to others.
Bill

Message sent. Thanks CLS!

Back