Reminiscing

csoult

csoult

I came across my stream list from last year. You know, the list of streams that you want to fish for that year. Well, I didn't do too bad I hit a little more than 50% of the streams that I had planned to fish. I also fished many more that I didn't have on the list. As a matter of fact I fished more streams that I didn't have on the list than I had on the list.

If you had a list how did you do?

I didn't do as good as I wanted to, but ok.

Spend some time on the Allegheny: check
Fish the famous limstoners: Only one of them, Spring Creek
The Yough: not yet
Somewhere other than OH or PA: Yep, Colorado
A bunch of other random stocked and wild streams: not as many as I wanted to, but did fish a bunch of new ones

Sir

You blew it out of the water last year. No regrets. I had two or three. Did two. Keep it shot but great.

Mr Hall - danka

Nope no regrets, other than your knee.

Good song, always was one of my favorites of theirs. And man can he make some good sound come out of that guitar.

Not really a list, but I have many streams marked on the old delorme that I'd like to try some day.
And I did get to fish 3-4 new ones last year.
The adventure of trying new water never gets old

I really only had two streams I wanted to fish: Big Spring and Letort. Fished them both, and did Big Spring several times.

I fished far more streams than I ever imagined, though. This is the first year I really "explored", found streams and access on the class A/nat. repo list, went into streams I never heard of, ready to walk a lot of catch few fish. Some trips were well worth it, some were busts, but it was good and I can't wait to do more of it this year.

Well, considering I have really only three streams that are worth fishing that are 'local' and that I fished them all, I think I did alright.

I did pretty poorly overall. With the kiddo, my fishing time took such a huge nosedive. And most of my outings were re-aquainting myself with streams I know and like. Also, with so many people I like to fish with, and more than I intend to fish with going forward, most of the outings were of the social variety as much as anything. And it seems social outings are rarely about exploring new water.

It's unfortunate because exploring is a part of the game I love. It wasn't unexpected, though. And fatherhood is worth it.
From the fishing end, I do expect things to improve slightly this year, with a little more time than last year, but still not what I was accustomed to before.

Last year I only had a few new streams that I wanted to fish and I did fish them. I actually caught my 3rd biggest wild trout, a 16" brownie from one of them. I also managed the wild trout slam (brook, brown, and rainbow) from another one of the streams. This year I have 4 new streams that I'll try. Other than waiting to get my new waders to be delivered, I'm ready for the new season!

I don't do a list. But i did fish more than I had in years. Made some new friends AND caught a few fish. Hard to find anything wrong with that!

No list... and that's good because I would have been sorely disappointed with the results. I don't want to track my failures!

However, much of the time was enjoyed coaching / watching my girls in their activities, so I take some solace in that!

No list. I fish as water presents itself. The coolest place I fished was the Yuba River in California. It was so surreal standing in a desert climate, avoiding rattlesnakes, yet seeing Sea-run Salmon running and shooting out of the water in 95 degree heat. I lost what probably would have been the biggest rainbow of my life and didnt bring anything to hand, but it was still awesome.

No real list. I did want to fish Little J, Penns, and BFC. I fished them, so I consider it successful. Possibly Spruce, Yough, Gunpowder, and one secret stream in NY this year.

I fished a bunch of "new" water last year.

But I still haven't got to Bear Wallow Hollow. Maybe this year.

I fished just a couple new streams in the past year, but they were dandies. This year I'd like to fish Oil Creek and Big Spring for the first time.

I am trying to catch a fish in every state. Last year I got Nebraska, South Dakota & California

I made a list and hit most of them. The only stream that was on my list, that I didn't get to fish, that I REALLY wanted to fish was the Madison in Yellowstone. It was closed to fishing because the water was too warm while I was there. Kind of a bummer, its going to be a while before I get back out west.

Probably not well, I lost the list.

albatross wrote:i'd like to fish Oil Creek and Big Spring for the first time.

Well we can make oil creek happpen. Weekend at camp? 20 min away from oil .

You in? Perfect trip for grasshopper .

I'm in ^
. |

Back