HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Reg's Question

From NE OH
Quote:

PennKev wrote:

It would seem as though you are asking for support BEFORE the fact in this case. And here's the funny thing about the internet, I DO NOT KNOW YOU. I can only respond to the content of your posts based on how I interpret it.

Kev

I DO NOT KNOW YOU, but based on your internet postings, you seem to interpret the worst case scenarios about everyone. Gees Kev, you seem like a super knowledgeable guy and you make good posts. Maybe you could be a hint less cynical about others posts. That part of the interpretation is fully in your court. If you decide to believe the worst in people...you will always make these negative interpretations. That being said, I get that there are tons of folks out there with poor intentions. Foxgap posts all of the time and sure doesn't impress me as a scoundrel.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 17:05

From New Castle, PA
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:

Maybe you could be a hint less cynical about others posts. That part of the interpretation is fully in your court. If you decide to believe the worst in people...you will always make these negative interpretations.

He said he wanted to get rid of the bows, said he thought he could get away with it, then presented the very scenario he would use as a cover story if he got caught. I'm not saying he'd actually go through with it, by word a post in such a way?

Posted on: 2013/7/1 17:49

From Philadelphia
Sorry if my post was worded in a way that made you assume the worst. I'll do better next time. Let's just move on and forget about how I worded it. I'm not a scoundrel (Thanks Patrick) looking for a way to get over on the system but in fairness to you, you don't know me so how are you to know. I appreciate your input and will take heed of your advice.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 17:57

From Hanover
I also fish a non-stocked Special Regs TT stream which holds a healthy population of wild brown trout. It annoys the crap out of me when I catch a rainbow. Would it be possible and legal to redistribute the rainbows to another part of the stream? I don't want to kill them but could they be put in a 5 gallon bucket and released in the stocked section of the stream 1/2 mile away? Is this classified as stocking?

Posted on: 2013/7/1 21:26

From Ohio
I think it would be classified as "having it in your possession" which would be illegal if it's under the size limit, and doesn't matter whether you're using a 5 gal bucket, a cooler, or a stringer. I could be wrong though.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 21:34

From Lancaster County
Quote:

laszlo wrote:
I also fish a non-stocked Special Regs TT stream which holds a healthy population of wild brown trout. It annoys the crap out of me when I catch a rainbow. Would it be possible and legal to redistribute the rainbows to another part of the stream? I don't want to kill them but could they be put in a 5 gallon bucket and released in the stocked section of the stream 1/2 mile away? Is this classified as stocking?

What makes you think that moving them 1/2 mile away is going to do anything? If they weren't stocked, they're either wild, or they moved in from a stocked area (possibly > 1/2 mile away). It is a stream afterall - fish swim in it and through it

Posted on: 2013/7/1 21:57

From Ephrata, PA
Why does it bother you guys if you catch bows in trophy trout water? Browns aren't any more indigenous to the stream than rainbows are. They're both non-native species. Why favor one over the other?

Posted on: 2013/7/2 6:40

From Philadelphia
I don't mind catching them, I actually like the fight but they aren't going to spawn in this stream and I don't want them pushing out the browns that will. Just personal perference. Others who fish the same stream may disagree which is why I'll follow the reg's and not do anything illegal to move them out. Hopefully floods will move them out.

Signed, the non-scoundrel!

Posted on: 2013/7/2 7:07

From LV
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
afish,

In the Spring creek canyon example, was I technically in violation?

Bait on person. Walking to fish a place where bait is allowed. But the only access was past FFO section, which was not fished, just walked past. The path, however, gets closer than 25 ft to stream in FFO section.

WCO said I was fine, though he might have been exercising leniency. And of course, today, you can access that stretch from the top without going past FFO area. But back then, the posted stretch prevented that.

Yet another reason to get rid of FFO sections.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 7:40

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:

How did you get Dog to sign your post?

Posted on: 2013/7/2 8:40

From Philadelphia
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Quote:

Foxgap239 wrote:

How did you get Dog to sign your post?

That's okay guys. I won't soon forget how only PatrickC (someone that only knows me through my posts) came to the defense of my character. I guess I know where I stand.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 8:58

From Ephrata, PA
Okay so this isn't a wild 'bow population, just some stockers that come from somewhere else? Private stocking, perhaps?

Posted on: 2013/7/2 9:13

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Yet another reason to get rid of FFO sections.

I'm not all out opposed to FFO. In general, I think it should be VERY lightly used. But it is lightly used, I'm cool with using it in the historically significant places that it is. Don't really think it's necessary to use in the name of conservation, though.

Overall, of the special regs, my favorite is AT C&R. Think that one can be justified as conservation without excluding anyone, and thus I'd give my blessing for the PFBC to use it liberally.

Above paradise was just a strange situation. It's PFBC owned water, under AT no-kill regs. Completely surrounded by state posted property (Rockview prison), except along the stream corridor, which was FFO. So by the letter of the law, you could not take anything not approved in FFO water to the PFBC owned AT water. Kind of defeats the purpose of having AT water if you ask me, why not just make it FFO up to the posted signs?

Eh, but that's in the past now. Spin and bait guys can access the area from the top without passing FFO water.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 9:17

From Lansdale
Pat, I think you were "situationally legal" since the only path to your destination was within 25 feet of the water.
f there was a path further away, you could have been nabbed.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 9:37

From Philadelphia
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Okay so this isn't a wild 'bow population, just some stockers that come from somewhere else? Private stocking, perhaps?

State stocked bows above the TT area but the TT area is wild browns and pretty good, at that.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 9:39

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com