Reflections

F

FishTales

http://www.fishandboat.com/AboutUs/Documents/Arway-ReflectionsWFEF.pdf

Thank you for your dedicated service for all these years Mr. Arway

Nice little article about an unfortunate outcome. From what I've known I've always been happy with what you've accomplished FishTales!

So...is he done? I like some things he stands for and do feel he's probably way better than anyone else we are going to be getting for that position in the future. The PFBC and Game Commission have to stop being government agencies. As Arway mentioned the game commission side of things is even worse!

I have met John Arway on several occasions and found in him a decent man who is willing to listen to all viewpoints before proposing changes. That said, we have not always been on the same side of issues. I believe that science, not politics should guide agency decisions in the best interest of the resource first and sportsmen/women second.

Based on what I’ve read, he is in hot water for proposing ways to reduce spending, necessitated by legislative inaction, which targeted legislator’s home waters for a disproportionate reductions in trout stockings. In response, they seek to limit his term while repeated requests for license increases languish in committee. Such action fails to recognize that absent legislative action, Mr. Arway’s successor will still be faced with the same fiscal limitations.

Perhaps it is time for legislative term limits.

I echo post 4: Is he through?

I hope not. I have not heard that the bill limiting his term has been voted on.

I think he tried to do the right things for fish, fisheries, and fishermen. I think he took Mr. Abele's mantra to heart.

It is our "illustrious" legislators whose terms ought to be limited, IMO.

just_jon wrote:
I have met John Arway on several occasions and found in him a decent man who is willing to listen to all viewpoints before proposing changes. That said, we have not always been on the same side of issues. I believe that science, not politics should guide agency decisions in the best interest of the resource first and sportsmen/women second.

Based on what I’ve read, he is in hot water for proposing ways to reduce spending, necessitated by legislative inaction, which targeted legislator’s home waters for a disproportionate reductions in trout stockings. In response, they seek to limit his term while repeated requests for license increases languish in committee. Such action fails to recognize that absent legislative action, Mr. Arway’s successor will still be faced with the same fiscal limitations.

Perhaps it is time for legislative term limits.

How do propose to get science to guide politics, when politicians are involved?

100% support of legislative term limits.
Get your”ajenda” work completed in 2 terms then out.

Salmanoid - I propose eliminating the legislature from the having any say on license increases. Could be wrong, but I do not believe they have a say in setting rates by other quasi-governmental agencies such as the turnpike commission.

Back