Really?

S

Spiral

So I get this email from the PAFBC asking for my input on the color of my license yet they still cannot make the right decisions about putting stocked fish in Class A waters. Seems to me some people on the commission have their priorities out of whack a little bit.

All they really need to do is ask the editor of the PA Angler and Boater magazine what they want. They are always concerned about having the license displayed along with a PFD in their pictures, ask them what color would really make their magazine "pop".

Opening it up to the public just might get more responses like "well i've been fishing for 30 years with a white license at the same spot every year, I don't want it to change"

Same old same old.

Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser.

Voting Underway to Select
Color of 2015 Fishing License Button

HARRISBURG, Pa. (Aug. 6) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is encouraging anglers to vote online for their favorite color for the 2015 fishing license button.

Earlier this year, the PFBC re-introduced the availability of an annual Pennsylvania fishing license button. Brought back by popular demand, this custom button is similar to the vintage buttons offered by the PFBC in the past. Each custom button measures 1 3/4 inches with a high-quality, pin-back design and features the angler's customer identification number (CID), the same number displayed on a paper license. As a result of a recent regulation change, as long as the angler is carrying a valid paper license, a valid button is the only display requirement.

“The buttons for this second year will be in the color which receives the highest number of votes,” said PFBC Executive Director John Arway. “As with the 2014 button, we anticipate that this re-introduced product will continue to be very popular with anglers and collectors.”

Starting with the availability of the 2015 fishing licenses on Dec. 1, buttons for 2015 will continue to be $5 each and available for purchase through the PFBC's online store (The Outdoor Shop) and some PFBC locations.

New for 2015, the buttons will also be available through the network of more than 900 license issuing agents.

The purchase of an annual or multi-year Resident, Non-Resident or Senior Resident fishing license is required in order to purchase a license button. This also applies to the new Voluntary Youth Licenses. The purchase of a button is not a requirement in addition to the purchase of a license.

Vote for your favorite button color: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2015-Fishing-License-Button

This online ballot will be available through Aug. 28, 2014.

###

Media contact:Eric Levis, Press Secretary, 717.705.7806 or elevis@pa.gov

Customer inquiries about buttons: PFBC Licensing and Registration, 1.877.707.4085

Mine is Orange - so hunters can see it.

I never understood Orange. At some distance it turns to the tan color of a deer.

Orange lets you cast further.

I never understood Orange. At some distance it turns to the tan color of a deer.

I dunno, blaze orange always stood out like a sore thumb for me in the woods, at any distance. Heck, just driving around, you find those places where you can look across an entire valley and see a hillside a couple of miles away, and you see orange dots on it. Meanwhile, a brown deer, when motionless, can be dang hard to see at 50-100 yards!!!!

It is a little tougher to pick up the orange earlier in the fall, when the the leaves are colored up and still on trees. Maples can be pretty hot orange.

PennypackFlyer wrote:

At night maybe. Otherwise, you are colorblind.

During normal hunting hours, and even a mile away, florescent orange is still florescent orange and a brown deer is still brown.

Maybe I'm color blind as well.

I also head that most people don't dream in color. :p

They could have been sunfaded.

Spiral wrote:
Seems to me some people on the commission have their priorities out of whack a little bit.

So do many of our elected officials some of whom are on the House Fish and game Committee or whatever it's called. A lot of those individuals put up heavy resistance whenever the PA F&BC starts talking about not stocking class A streams.

Voting on a button color certainly doesn't seem to be where there attention is focused though. I don't care what color it is, I'm not buying one.

I purchase my fishing license online and print it on olive paper to not flash to the fish.

Remember when the yellow license first came out and people on here where attacked by bees?

I believe it was because of the aftershave lotion they were wearing.

Yawn!

I guess my post was not exciting enough for you. Go to Sleep, Go to sleep, go to sleep little Chaz. la la laaaa la ...you know the tune.

I purchase my license online so I can print it any color I want. Periwinkle is fierce and really brings out my eyes...
I like to color co-ordinate my ensemble and the standard yellow really is SO pedestrian...it just would ruin my day!

The freakin yellow might as well be a neon sign to warn the fish...look out...DANGER DANGER...Will Robinson!!!! It could come with a battery pack to strobe alternating colors.

I don't quite understand....if people on the bass pro tour catch fish with bright colors on - why is it that we have this fear?

I don't think the fish is going to die laughing

Besides, isn't corn yellow?

PennypackFlyer wrote:
I don't quite understand....if people on the bass pro tour catch fish with bright colors on - why is it that we have this fear?

I don't think the fish is going to die laughing
Because bass are stupid and trout are smart! :-o :lol:

There maybe a big misconception in that statement WildTrout. not all fly fisherpeople fish for trout.

Some thoughts to ponder - first one is not for the weak hearted.

If you have dull colors on and are floating downstream (face up or face down, doesn't matter) wouldn't it be better to have bright colors on that people would take notice of right away....

can trout see you when you are behind them?

Bass (Small Mouths especially) have a way of telling their bass friends that a human is in the neighborhood. When you catch one and release it is best to either change lures or fish elsewheres.

Back