Rain

Jessed

Jessed

It seems like the majority of pa has been a wash out. I've been seeing patterns of blue sky and a snap of a finger terrentrial downpour for 30 minutes and then blue sky's again.

I fished a local creek yesterday and had rain and Thunder come out of nowhere. The creek was already in good shape! I think we have had more rain this June than all spring last year! I was gonna fish the Tully today thinking it wouldn't be affected because it's a tailwater. The gauge was over 1000 cubic feet per second and I wouldn't wade or fish in flood like conditions like that! How are the rivers looking near you guys and what do you think of this rain?

Quite a big part of PA, in central PA, NC PA and NE PA has water levels that are very nice, near ideal.

You have to check the gauges. If it rained a great deal in your area and the streams are very high, you cannot assume that the same is true in other areas.

I was basing that off the usgs map.

troutbert wrote:
Quite a big part of PA, in central PA, NC PA and NE PA has water levels that are very nice, near ideal.

You have to check the gauges. If it rained a great deal in your area and the streams are very high, you cannot assume that the same is true in other areas.

Agree - it's much better than last year. If you're a mountain stream enthusiast you ought to really be lovin it this summer.

I usually transition to mainly bass fishing by late June but local trout streams are still in great shape and the bigger rivers I like for bass are higher than I'd like.

Whatever the case, it's good news.

Back