Rain Rain Rain

TWEEK

TWEEK

Well it seems like we are going to have some rain on saturday....what are your guys opinion on this? do you think we will get too much to the point that streams will be blown out? Will it be worth going? I plan on going to young womans creek..

I don't think I'd miss it for anything. Well, that's clearly a figure of speech, but I'm excited. I'll be camping with some good friends somewhere up near state college fishing some stream that they can't remember the name of.

I am going to be out with the fly rod on the Penns Creek trophy section. I am heading up to the cabin today after work for the weekend. Will be at Spring friday and most likely penns on saturday. We should not be getting too much rain.

This opening weekend I'll be in the Poconos at a cabin along Lake Wallenpaupack with my new fiance; she who wants me to teach her the sport and art and joy of fly-fishing!!!

Yes, it's true!

I might just have her cast along the lake for rock bass and perch this weekend and save the trout magic for another (more intimate, less crowded) day.

I wasn't even going to bother with the North opener until I saw rain in the forecasts. All of my best opener have been when it rains. Less people and usually more active fish. I'm heading to Swift Run in Snyder County. I've never even been there before but it should be fun just to get out.

PennsCreek wrote:
I am going to be out with the fly rod on the Penns Creek trophy section. I am heading up to the cabin today after work for the weekend. Will be at Spring friday and most likely penns on saturday. We should not be getting too much rain.

Penns Creek

Looks like we have the same idea, Spring on Fri and Penns on Sat.

If you see a gray van with PSU stickers on the side and a pa flyfish.com sticker on the back bumper, stop and say hello!

PaulG

ps, Im heading up to my camper EARLY Friday morning!

Yes, I think everyone should stay home due to the rain... ;-) :roll:

I'll be making my way out around 6. I hope that the rain makes a lot of people stay at home because that is definitely the best time to be out. I'll be going back to the Pohopoco which is great because it can rain all day and the stream level will never change due to the fact that its the spillway for Beltzville.

I looked at the accuweather forcast for my area in NEPA. They're calling for a 1"+ rain event starting Fri, and tapering out Mon.

I second the affore mentioned sentiment of thinning out the fair-weathers.

Hopefully if we do get rain it starts as a drizzle, and is a steady, continuos drizzle. The water I'm hitting will come up and stain in this event, but would not turn to coffe. Worst case scenerio is periodic downpours. That will flush alot of sediment into the water; BAD, VERY BAD!!!

Either way I'll be out.

Best case scenerio is that the weather people follow their consistent trend of grossly erring in their forcast, and it blows through with a intermittent sprinkle; although opening day would be the day their forcast for heavy snot is true.

Tihtlines to the die hards!!!

Here it comes...

Looks like an inch of rain starting tonight and ending overnight Friday into Saturday. Things could get interesting.

I'm planning to fish an area where I have a choice of 4 streams in a 10 mile radius and one's a tailwater. Keep your options open.

The stream levels I have fished in the last week or so seem to be on the low side for this time of year. So thinking for the longer term I think we need the rain.

The forecast for where i'm going says it'll rain at lunch and dinner..uh, ok...

shipnfish wrote:
I wasn't even going to bother with the North opener until I saw rain in the forecasts. All of my best opener have been when it rains. Less people and usually more active fish. I'm heading to Swift Run in Snyder County. I've never even been there before but it should be fun just to get out.

Let me know how you do because I work in Snyder County and live in Union County. I have never fished this and would be interested in maybe trying it after work some day.

Back