RAIN !

S

Salvi1

Yes finally some rain here in south central PA expecting 1/2 to 3/4 er's tonight. doing 15 miles on the AT saturday. hitting the old breeches sunday!

Ciao
Sal

Got a bunch during the afternoon here in montgomery county, then it let up, got out for a couple casts on the perkiomen and landed a nice 18 inch brown, then the creek turned brown. Its coming down real heavy now.

here comes the rain

Its only just begun...looks like just what we asked for...but at least its from the south so it'll be warm.

I think I'll skip the HS football game tonight and watch Boise State.

yep pouring here, rls365, what section of the perk holds trout?

Dear sal,

It's been about a perfect rain around my house here just outside of Harrisburg. I'm not wishing you a bad hike tomorrow, but I hope it continues all night at the rate it's coming down because the ground is finally loose enough to take a little rain.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

We've got 3/4 of an inch as of 8 this evening, they forecast 2 1/2 inches.

Salvi
I'll be hitting the Breeches sunday also. Any quess how high it will be? Guess I'll be dunking nymphs. How it is not to high.
Bill A

streams should be nice and high, cant wait to get out this week

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/rt

YEAH! I guess the rain dance paid off!!! Now I guess it's time to do the trout dance! :lol:

Boyer

PS: WOOHOO! 200 posts!

I read in the Pgh. Post Gazette today that (at least Pittsburgh) for month to date totals we are still .250' below MTD average. It did rain quite a bit, but guess goes to show how dire the lack of rainfall has been. The forecast for the next week looks dry, next chance of rain next weekend.

Well the final total at my house for the week was nearly 4 inches. We've had over 7 inches of rain in October. This will a big relief for trout and fall fishing and the spawning season. I haven't seen any redds yet but I expect to be seeing them this week.
Streams were too hig yesterday to fish, even though that's what I did, but I got some beautiful photographs of waterfalls.

Central PA could use some more....streams still low out there.

it totally rained hard all the way to harpers ferry but when we got there...the rain clouds were blowing out of the valley it was quite impressive! hiked from Gathland state park to harpers ferry only 10 miles a drop in the bucket from what we have been doing BUT the view from Weverton cliffs looking south over the Shenandoah was truely breathtaking it has been rated as one of the best views on the entire AT and with 50+ mph winds was quite excileralting!

S,

Back