Plan for development around Valley Forge and VC

W

Wmass

I heard about this recently on some local pro-buisiness BS radio program and it sounded fishy when I originally listened to it. Apparently a private group wants to build an American revolution museum with a hotel, convention center, resturants and shops. How does this fit in with the natural beauty of the park? As a frequent visitor of the park, I really don't like this idea at all.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2008/03/valley-forge-once-again-battleground-time-pitting-history-against-development

The site the developers want to build this circus at is across the river (schuylkill), from Valley Forge. The majority of Valley Forge NHP is on the south side, and this development is planned for the north side of the river....so would it have much impact on VC...minimal.

Right now, all the development in the Malvern area and subsequent BS stormwater plans by these multi-million dollar developers is more of a concern. PA TPK slip-ramp is another major project in the watershed, that also has inadequet stormwater retention plans. I am pretty sure the PA TPK had to go back to the drawing board for that one.

i saw the pre-lim engineering plans today - my firm is acting as the reviewing consultant for the Twp. overall - I think access and traffic are going to be more of an issue that environmental impact (consider I'm a traffic engineer - so certainly don't hold me to it on the environmental part)- although there are some OK jogging paths and bike trials i used to hit that may be affected and definetly less space for already too many deer. The owner / applicant was listed as American Revolution center meaning they already purchase the property, so any thoughts of it going somewhere else isn't going to happen.

Back